Chapter 38

Lightning groggily opened her eyes. She must have fallen asleep. Luigi was laying beside her, snoring like a raging storm. "Luigi... Luigi... Wake up!!" She nudged him.

"No..." he mumbled, turning away, snoring louder.

"Wake up sleepy head." Lightning told him.

"I don't want to..."

Lightning sighed as she tried pulling him up. "Get... UP!!" She groaned.

"Okay... Okay.. I'm up.." he groaned. He yawned sleepily, rubbed his eyes with his paws, and looked around.

"Wait where's Mario???" Luigi questioned.

"Luigi stood up and walked around. "Mario!!! Mario!!! Where are you?!" He cried. He got no answer. Instead he ran into some kind of an invisible wall. He put a paw on it.

"Wh- what is this?? W-we're trapped!!!" Luigi cried. He heard a familiar laugh and a Mr. Mime appeared out of the darkness in front of them.

"That was a great show. Watching you run into the invisible wall was hysterical." Dimentio laughed.

"YOU!!!!! What have you done to my brother???" Luigi asked.

"Oh he's fine. I didn't do anything to him."

"Where is he?" Luigi asked.

"It's none of your concern. You two are mine now to do as I want. You will now be my puppets and you will do my bidding."

"What are you going to do with us?" Lightning asked.

"Oh.. It's a surprise." Dimentio answered, with a chuckle.

"Whatever you're planning. It isn't going to work." Lightning told him with determination.

"Oh. You're quite brave for a rodent."

"Do not call me a rodent!!!" Lightning growled.

"Why??? You sure look like one."

"You are really getting on my nerves!!! Let us go!!!" Lightning demanding, punching the barrier with a paw.

"I don't think so. Anyway, I think I should deal with you first. You are getting too riled up right now." Dimentio waved his hands around Lightning. She quickly collapsed to the floor asleep again.

"Lightning!!!!" Luigi gasped.

"W-what did you do to her?" Luigi asked.

"It doesn't matter to you, does it?"

"Yes it does. Oh Lightning, wake up. Please..."

To Luigi's surprise Lightning did wake up but she didn't act like she normally would. She tackled Luigi to the ground, holding him down.

"Lightning!!! What are you doing???" Luigi gasped.

Lightning only hissed at him with hatred. She then bit him on the paw.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!" He screamed. He tried to shake her off and to his luck it worked but it wasn't much help. She used Thunderbolt. Luigi got to his paws and jumped out of the way of the attack. He slowly backed away from her.

"Woah... Lightning... I'm not going to hurt you, just stay calm."

Lightning only growled and gave him a menacing death stare of her own. She used Iron Tail, hitting him.

"Ow...." he mumbled. "I don't want to hurt you, Lightning. Please listen to me."

Lightning froze for a moment. "Luigi..." She whispered sullenly. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I can't keep control..."

She then glared down at him again. She used Thunderbolt, shocking him. He collapsed to the ground. Dimentio used Hypnosis on him too.

"Now it's time for the grand finale of my plan... Defeating Mario!!!" He thought.

He then teleported with Lightning and Luigi.

He reappeared right in front of Mario.

Lightning and Luigi glared at Mario with a look of hatred.

"Lightning??? Luigi???"

___________________________
That's the end of chapter 38. I hope you enjoyed. More will be coming soon.