Chapter 40

Mario and Inky were ready to fight Dimentio. Dimentio started with Psybeam. Mario and Inky dodged. Mario used Shadow Ball while Inky used Thunderbolt. Dimentio dodged the Shadow Ball But was hit by Thunderbolt. Dimentio used Psychic and Mario was picked up. He was thrown at a tree with great force.

Suddenly, something hard hit him on the head. A white light blinded Dimentio and Inky once their vision returned they saw a Flareon before them.

Mario had evolved. For what hit him was a FireStone. The evolution stone that allows a Fire Type Pokemon to evolve. Mario's body heated up in anger. He releases a powerful stream of red-yellow fire from his mouth Dimentio. As the flame travels him, the front of the flame forms into a 大-shaped blast. The attack Mario used was in fact a Fire Blast.

Dimentio looked at Mario with surprise. "Now this is a real fight." He smirked.

Dimentio used Psybeam. Mario and Inky dodged. Mario used another Fire Blast. Dimentio was burned.

Suddenly, Luigi woke up and sneaked behind Mario. He grabbed his Thunderstone from his pocket and evolved into Jolteon.

Mario and Inky still didn't notice him as he took the opportunity to attack Mario with a green Thunderbolt.

"AHHHHH!!!!!" Mario screamed in pain as he collapsed to the ground. He slowly turned around to see Luigi as a Jolteon. "L-Luigi?!" He gasped.

Luigi just laughed. He was ready to strike again. Once Luigi struck another Thunderbolt, Mario rolled over to dodge. He quickly got to his paws.

"Woah Luigi!!! It's a me!! Your brother!!! You need to stop!!! You need to remember who I am??? I don't want to have to hurt you. I love you, bro. It hurts me every time I have to attack you. Please you have to listen to me bro." Mario told him, pulling Luigi to a hug.

Mario could feel tears on his fur.

"Mario... I'm sorry..." Luigi whispered. "This is my fault. I should have been stronger..."

Mario turned to look at Luigi. "It's okay. It isn't your fault, Luigi. You're not weak."

Luigi wiped the tears out of his eyes. "Th-thanks Mario."

"Come on Luigi. Let's beat Dimentio together." Mario said.

"Let's a go!!" Luigi replied with determination fist bumping Mario's paw.

Mario used Fire Blast. Luigi used Thunderbolt. Inky used Electro Ball. Dimentio wasn't able to handle the three attacks as he was down.

"You may have defeated me, but this isn't the end. I shall return!!!" Dimentio teleported away after he said that.

"Wh-where's Lightning?" Luigi asked.

"Over there" Mario pointed to Lightning who was still out.

"Oh no!!! Lightning!!!" Luigi gasped, running towards her. Once he made it to her, he de-evolved. Mario did the same.

He kneeled beside her. "Lightning?!" He nudged her.

Lightning groggily opened her eyes to see Luigi.

"Luigi??? Luigi!!!" She pulled him into a hug. "I had an awful dream again that I hurt you and Mario."

"That actually wasn't a dream..." Mario started.

"What?! That means... I actually did hurt you guys??? I-I'm so sorry" Lightning told them sullenly.

"Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault. It was Dimentio's."

Lightning looked around once Mario said his name. "Where is he?? Is he gone?"

"Yes, Luigi, Inky and I defeated him."

"Where's Inky???"

Mario and Luigi looked around. Inky was no where to be seen. "She May have left to do something important." Mario answered.

"We should really go now. We don't want to get into anymore trouble. We don't want the Starter Squad finding us too." Lightning told them.

"Right" The Brothers said in unison.

Lightning giggled. "Alright, let's go."

They continued walking. However, they were heading towards a trap, unbeknownst to them. Suddenly, the ground beneath them collapsed and they fell into a hole. Rocks blocked the tunnels that were their only exits.

Luigi fell to the ground below face first. Mario landed on top of him. Lightning landed on the floor beside them.

"Mamma Mia..." Mario and Luigi groaned.

"Mamma Mia???" Lightning remarked.

__________________________That's the end of chapter 40

That's the end of chapter 40. Hope you enjoyed ^^
More coming soon.