Chapter 37

Mario, Luigi and Lightning followed Sonia to a cave. A Shiny Ralts did a curtsy in greeting. "This is Jeane, a friend of mine."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." She said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you too" They responded.

"So... What did you want to tell us about?" Lightning asked.

"Of course, of course I'll get to that straight away. You and your friends are destined to save this world from destruction. Your friends aren't originally from here are they? They are not as they seem."

"What do you mean by not as they seem?" Lightning asked.

"You'll have to find out yourself, Young Pika. I've seen a lot about you in my visions. You two are brothers. Twin brothers. Heroes of a land called the Mushroom Kingdom. The red one is named Mario, the fearless hero of this kingdom who goes on these long and dangerous worlds to travel to different lands to save a Princess but every land always ends with her being in another castle until you reach a larger castle in a Dark Land." Sonia explained, her eyes closed and her gem glowing.

"The green one is named Luigi. He's also a hero of this kingdom and has a fear of ghosts. However, he fights them with a vacuum to save his brother from being trapped in a painting forever." Sonia opened her eyes and looked at the two brothers. "You are known as the Mario Brothers. No, the Super Mario Brothers. If you can save your world, you must be able to save ours. Together you will be unstoppable. You have many obstacles ahead and many dangerous paths to go through, but I guarantee that you will make it through your quest. I give you good luck."

"Sonia..." Lightning started. "... Could you tell me... What my mother was like?"

Sonia turned to Lightning and smiled. "She was the most cheerful, bravest Pikachu I knew. That bow you wear was once hers. She would never take it off. I see you cherish it the same way she did. Levina would never give up on her friends and she would do as much as she could to protect them. You have the same personality as your mother. Don't ever change it."

"I won't... Th-thanks..." Lightning wiped a tear from her eyes.

"Come on guys. We should go." Lightning told them.

Mario and Luigi followed her out of the cave.

Luigi, walked closer beside her. "Lightning, are you alright? You look a little upset..."

"I'm fine... Don't worry... I just wished I could have known what my mom was like for myself. If only I still had her with me longer. I can hardly remember her anymore." Lightning said, tears clouding her vision again.

"We're sorry, Lightning. That must be really hard for you." Mario said.

"It was. It really was." Lightning replied, sullenly.

"Let's just keep going. I don't want to talk about it anymore right now."

"Okay..." Luigi sighed.

Unbeknownst to the trio, they were being watched. "Hehehe I've got you now." A certain Pokémon cackled in the darkness. Once they were close enough, Dimentio leaped out and Lightning in an invisible box.

"Hey!!! Let me out of here!!" She yelled, she turned to face Dimentio. "YOU!!!" She growled.

"Now look who I have now. Your little pesky friend. You want her back don't you?" Dimentio cackled.

"Let her go!!!" Luigi growled.

"Would you care to join her?" Dimentio then trapped Luigi in an invisible box as well.

"Hey!!! Let me out!!" He growled. "Help us, Mario!!"

"Luigi!!! Lightning!! Don't worry I'll get you out of there."

"I don't think so... They'll be coming with me. I'll be on my way... Ciao!!" Dimentio said and he managed to teleport away with them. Mario looked at Luigi's fearful eyes before he disappeared.

"No!!!" Mario cried. They were gone.

__________________________
Sorry that this was so late and short as well. The next chapter will be longer. More coming. I hope you enjoyed ^^