Chapter 39

Lightning and Luigi glared at Mario.

Mario knew something was different about them and he knew who was to blame. "Dimentio!!! What did you do to them??"

"Would you want to find out??? Attack minions!!!" Dimentio ordered.

Mario was quickly tackled to the ground by Luigi.

"L-Luigi... Please, you need to stop. I don't want to hurt you." Mario said.

Luigi didn't listen and he charged a Shadow Ball instead. Mario charged his own to counter Luigi's. Mario's Shadow Ball destroyed Luigi and the momentum carried over making Luigi Get off of Mario. He quickly got to his paws and turned his gaze to his brother and his Pikachu friend.

"I don't want to hurt them... What am I going to do???" Mario thought to himself.

"Ah... Now what do we have here. Mario looks weak and helpless now. Have I finally won??" Dimentio laughed.

"No you have not!! Super Mario never gives up!!" He shouts.

Lightning used Thunderbolt. Mario noticed and quickly jumped out of the way to dodge. Lightning ran towards him to attack with Iron Tail next, But Mario countered with his own Iron Tail.

Luigi took Mario's distraction with Lightning as an opportunity to strike Mario with Shadow Ball. He was a hit as Mario slid across the ground to a tree. Luigi grinned from getting a hit.

Mario shook it off and stood back up.

Suddenly, a creature came out from a bush beside him. Mario was accompanied by a certain Pichu wearing a green scarf. "Inky???" Mario asked.

"Don't worry, Mario, I'm here to help." Inky said.

"I'll take care of Lightning. You take care of Luigi." Inky said.

"Got it!" Mario replied. "I'm sorry Luigi, But I have to stop you. I want my brother back."

Mario used a Shadow Ball. Luigi dodged the attack and used Iron Tail.

Mario countered it with his own Iron Tail again. Luigi used Bite.

Mario dodged and used Shadow Ball, hitting Luigi.

He shook it off and used Iron Tail again, but Mario dodged and used Iron Tail, hitting Luigi from behind.

Inky used Quick Attack on Lightning and used Iron Tail.

Lightning was hit but quickly recovered and used Thunderbolt. Inky dodged and used a barrage of Electro Balls.

Lightning dodged a few of them but was hit with one. Lightning used Quick Attack hitting Inky.

Inky used Thunderbolt, hurting herself in the process. Lightning was hit but she came back with Iron Tail.

Inky countered the attack with Electro Ball. Lightning was knocked back.

They saw their chance to attack Dimentio while his minions were down. Inky used a barrage of Electro Balls and Mario used a barrage of Shadow Balls. Each one hitting Dimentio but he wasn't down yet.

Lightning and Luigi got back up and attacked the two from behind. Lightning used Thunderbolt on Inky and Luigi used Shadow Ball on Mario.

They turned around. Mario used Iron Tail on Luigi, knocking him out. Inky used Thunderbolt on Lightning, she was down again but not out yet. Inky finished her off with Electro Ball before being knocked out as well.

Now it was just Mario and Inky vs. Dimentio.

"You may have defeated my minions but I shall prevail." Dimentio remarked.

"Yeah right. We'll reign victorious on you. Just you wait and see." Inky said, going in a battle stance with electricity coming out of the electric sacs in her cheeks.

_________________________
That's the end of chapter 39. Hope you enjoyed ^^ more coming...
Wow!! I can't believe I'm already at chapter 39 and there's still a lot to do in this story.