Chapter 19

Mario and Luigi continued fighting off the Gastly. Luigi was starting to get tired. "I don't know how long I can keep this up, Bro, I'm getting exhausted." Luigi whined.

"We can do this. We have to. For Lightning!" Mario motivated.

"For Lightning!" Luigi replied. "This would have been so much easier with her. If only I didn't hurt her feelings like that then this wouldn't have happened. She wouldn't have ran off and got herself captured. This was all my fault" he thought, filled with guilt for putting their new friend in danger like that. 

"Come on Weegie" Mario told him.

"Okay.." he replied sullenly. "It's strange. The last time I went through this Mansion to save Mario with Lightning, there was around 25 boos. This time it seems like they've doubled like King Boo brought more boos to help capture us." 

***

Lightning sat on the cold floor, her arms crossed.

"How's our little Pikachu doing? You look a little lonely. Don't worry you're friends will be here soon" King Boo cackled. 

"Why can't you just leave the Eevee Brothers alone!" Lightning told him.

"They call themselves the Mario Brothers and I want them trapped in paintings as revenge for what they've done to me and my fellow boos." King Boo replied.

"T- Trap them in paintings? That sounds awful!" Lightning replied, timidly.

"Yes, yes whatever" King Boo replied, annoyingly before grinning evilly. "I might also do the same with you as well since you helped them. Then I'll have a Pikachu painting as well, but before that happens I need the brothers. The whole reason why I lured them into this world because they're be weaker so I can catch em all!"

"Good luck with that. They've gotten stronger!" Lightning stated.

King Boo cackled. "You have been traveling with them. You must know their flaws and weaknesses. Tell me everything you know about this world!" He ordered.

"What?" Lightning looked at him with shock and terror in her eyes.She crossed her arms again and turned away. "As if I'd tell you. You might be a king in your world but no one in this world will take orders from you!"

"Tell me or I'll make it worse for you" King Boo warned.

"Never! Do what you want with me. I'm not telling you anything!" Lightning replied.

"Fine!" King Boo mumbled. "Then you leave me no choice, pest!"  He used Psychic as Lightning was picked up in the air and began squeezing her.

"Let me go!" She cried.

"Not until you talk!" King Boo retorted.

"Never!" Lightning told him.

King Boo tightened his grip. Lightning coughed and gasped for air. 

"Help me!" She cried.

***

Mario and Luigi's Eevee ears perked as they heard Lightning scream, "Help me!" 

"Lightning!" Luigi cried.

"We're coming, just hold on!" Mario shouted.

"Mario! Luigi! Please hurry!" Lightning's voice echoed throughout the walls of the Mansion. 

"S-she sounds like she's in pain. What have I done!" Luigi quivered as tears brimmed down his face.

"Don't cry, Weeg! We'll get her outta here. I promise you, we won't give up until she's safe" Mario told him, calmly.

"I'll never leave her side again as long as we're in this world. Once we save her from King Boo, I'll protect her" Luigi thought to himself. Suddenly, out of nowhere. A Boo caught sight of them and took the opportunity to attack Luigi from behind while he was thinking. 

Mario caught a glimpse of the Gastly floating towards Luigi as he shouted, "Luigi, look out behind you!" 

Luigi turned around, but it was too late for him to react in time before the Boo bit him in the front right paw. He winced in pain as he lost his balance and collapsed to the floor. 

"Luigi!!" Mario cried, running to Luigi's side. The Gastly laughed with enjoyment for managing to get an attack on Luigi.  Mario turned to the Boo with a death stare of his own. 

"How dare you!" Mario shouted. He attacked the Boo with a giant Shadow Ball as the Boo was quickly defeated. "Nobody hurts my brother without paying for it!"

Mario turned his attention to Luigi again. "Svegliati Luigi, wake up!" Mario nudged him softly.

                                           —————————————————————-

Sorry that it's been a while since I've updated this, I hope you enjoyed though. 

And because I forgot to close the voting ahead of time we've got another tie because of PM

J- 12

L-12

U- 8

So... I either ask someone who hasn't voted to pick or ask the people who voted Umbreon to choose Jolteon or Leafeon.