Chapter 32

Nick

Liam was quiet most of the night, barely paying attention to either me or Jeremy. Because he didn't seem interested in us, Jeremy and I sat on the basement couch, mostly playing video games. The pellet stove kept the basement nice and warm.

A part of me wished I never told them about Father Davis and all the rest. I didn't mean to tell them; it just came out. I never wanted to tell them, afraid they'd treat me differently, knowing I was this used and damaged.

Now that they knew, I wondered what they were going to do with the information. What would happen if Liam or Jeremy told Judge Walsh or the police? I didn't want the school or town to know or even my parents. What had I done?

Like I said, I never meant to tell them. And I was concerned more about Liam than Jeremy. Jeremy would do whatever I told him to do; I wasn't sure what Liam would do.

I didn't want to talk about it. I just wanted to spend the rest of the weekend in my house with the two guys I loved more than anything in the world. I wasn't sure when we'd get this opportunity again... to be completely alone to do whatever we wanted to do.

While me and Jeremy played Call of Duty, Liam crawled under the sleeping bags, going to sleep at only nine o'clock. Jeremy and I glanced at Liam, then turned to each other, shrugging our shoulders.

"Stop being boring," I said to Liam.

"I'm not being boring," Liam mumbled.

"He's being boring, isn't he?" I said to Jeremy.

"A little bit, yeah," Jeremy replied.

I put down the game controller and went to Liam on the floor.

"Stop it," I said, kneeling beside him. "I'm okay. I mean, I'm going to be okay."

Combing my fingers through the side of Liam's hair, his eyes fixed with mine, I wished I knew what he was thinking. He was hard to read sometimes. Getting under the blankets with him, I kissed his lips lightly.

"I'm okay," I assured him again. He slipped his hands inside my robe, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm okay as long as I have you guys," I said, taking off my robe. "No one's ever made me feel as good as you."

Enjoying Liam's arms around me, my eyes followed Jeremy as he got up and went to us on the floor. He lay on the other side of Liam.

"I always wanted Liam in the middle," Jeremy said, kissing the back of his shoulder.

"I can't believe you guys," Liam said as my hands reached under his t-shirt. "This is all you want to do? After what those men did to you? You can only think about sex?"

"I don't want to talk about them right now," I said. "Don't talk about it, okay? Please... I just want to be with you and Jeremy and not think about anyone else."

Kissing my cheek, Liam took off my glasses.

"I can't stand it," he said. "Imagining those men doing things to you. I want to fucking kill them and..."

"Shut up, alright?" I said. "Please..." I kissed his lips lightly, hoping he'd listen to me and shut up. "I'm okay. I'm okay right now."