Chapter 23

Nick

Principal Dewitt was pretty lenient with me this time around, only giving me a week's worth of detention, maybe because Thanksgiving was coming up and he was getting in the holiday spirit.

My first day of detention was spent in the lecture hall with a few other rule-breakers, sitting in silence, doing nothing. We weren't allowed to do anything. Usually I had to see Father Davis, but today I was let off the hook.

As I sat slouched in one of the seats in the lecture hall, I wondered if maybe Father Davis didn't want to see me or he had some other commitment. I didn't really care since I was spared his wrath and punishment and whatever else he'd make me do.

Bored, I couldn't wait to see Liam and Jeremy.

Neither Jeremy nor Liam had any idea I had been standing there in the church for five minutes, watching Liam suck Jeremy off. I was jealous that I wasn't part of it.

"I...um...uh sorry," Jeremy said.

"Yeah, we didn't...well..." Liam stammered.

Liam was so cute when he was embarrassed.

And so was Jeremy.

"Relax. I don't care," I said, sitting down on the pew. "I just wished I was part of the action."

Jeremy and I thought about Liam the other day when we were together. It's not like Jeremy and I were mutually exclusive. We both liked Liam and we liked him a lot. I wouldn't mind sharing Jeremy if he let me share Liam and I hoped Jeremy wouldn't mind sharing me. He didn't own me, after all.

"I'm starving," I said. "Wanna get something to eat?"

Jeremy and Liam just sat there, blushing. I meant it when I said I was starving.

"Where were you?" Jeremy asked. "You never texted me back."

"Lecture hall," I replied.

"Wanna come back to my house?" Liam asked. "You can take the 6:30 train," he said to Jeremy. "So you can hang out for a little while if you want."

"Yeah, sure," Jeremy said. And so Liam drove us to his house. I liked his house.

As we entered the house, Liam's sister ran to us, giddy with excitement. She eagerly handed Liam a homemade chocolate chip cookie.

No one ever welcomed me home like that. I always came home to an empty house.

"Do your friends want some, too?" she asked.

"We'd love some," I said.

"Do you want some chocolate milk?" Liam asked me, leading the way to the kitchen.

"Hello, Liam," Ericka's nanny said as we entered the kitchen.

"Hi," Liam said. "These are my friends, Nick and Jeremy."

"Nice to meet you boys," she said.

Liam poured a couple of glasses of milk and handed me the Hershey's syrup.

"You really like chocolate milk," his little sister said, watching me squeeze the syrup into the glass of milk until an inch coated the bottom. "I like chocolate milk, too."

"We're going upstairs," Liam said. "We'll play after dinner, okay?" he said to his sister.

"Promise?" she said.

"Promise," Liam assured her.

Liam's room was probably triple the size of Jeremy's with a queen-sized bed instead of a double. I only had a twin.