Chapter Seventeen; Reunion

Hey! Sorry for the late update but I just got back from Kentucky late last night and I had jank to do. I'll upload again either tomorrow or Saturday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next few weeks, I do a few simple missions with Kyo, Satoshi, and Yumiko and learn medical ninjutsu from Lady Tsunade. I've stopped sleeping in the spare bedroom and started sleeping in with Kakashi.

Tonight woud be a full moon again and Kakashi was on a mission, not due back till tomorrow. I walk home in the near darkness towards our apartment.      

        I stay up as late as I possibly can until I crash from exhaustion. There's a bridge that looks oddly familiar. My father stands a distance away, mist enveloping the lower half of his body. "Tsk, tsk, Kasumi. Ignoring your father the last time he tried to speak to you? That's very rude. You've unlocked your Sharigan, finally. It's time for you to come to me, daughter. I have many plans for us. We're going to spite all of the villagers of Kirigakure, yes, spite them all by rising to power. With the Ice Release and Sharigan, who can defeat us? Come seek me out in the Wave Country. I'll here for another month.." His voice trails off and the mist covers the rest of his body.

       I shoot up in bed. The environment in the dreams corresponded to the places he was at. I kick the covers off of me and put on my ninja gear.

*

       "Tsunade-sama, I have a request." * As I'm packing, Kakashi walks in. "You have a mission?" He asks, slipping off his flak jacket. I nod. "Where to?" He prods. "The Land of Waves." I reply, zipping my backpack. "When do you leave?" I sigh. "Tomorrow morning. I'm capturing a rogue ninja from Kirigakure." I explain, turning around. "I need to go buy more paper bombs and kunai knives, though." I inform, rummaging around in my backpack for my wallet. "I'll come with you." Kakashi offers. "That's fine." I say, turning around. Kakashi laces his fingers with mine as we head out.

*

      After making our purchases and having lunch, we head back to our apartment. "Naruto leaves in a month." Kakashi tells me, breaking the comfortable silence. "He's going to be so grown when he returns in three years." I conclude. "Will you be back from your mission in time?" I shrug. "I don't know yet. I'll try to, though." I answer. "Did your father contact you last night?" I bite my lip. "Yeah, actually. But don't worry." He nods, giving me a closed-eye smile.

*

       "Kakashi," I mumble. "Kakashi." I say louder. He stirs in his sleep. "Kakashi-kun," I whisper in his ear. He shivers, opening an eye. I smirk. "I'll be sure to remember that for future reference." I tease. "You're leaving already?" I nod, shrugging out of his loosened grip.

        I head to the bathroom and change into my normal ninja gear. "Why are you leaving so early?" Kakashi whines from the bed, living up to his name as the laziest ninja I know.      

        I crawl onto the bed and lean over Kakashi. I peck his lips through his mask - he started wearing it to bed again since Naruto broke in last week when Kakashi was late to meet them. "I'll be back as soon as possible." I assure, kissing him one last time. "Good luck." Kakashi says with his signature smile.

*

It takes me four days to reach my destination. I check into an inn right away. I close my eyes, focusing on finding a familiar chakra signature. I don't sense one. I sigh, reopening my eyes. I change into my pajamas and crawl into bed, missing Kakashi's warmth.      

         We'd gotten to know each other quite well in the past three week we had been dating. We've been on a few missions together and a couple dates, but we're taking things slow. We understand each other from both knowing what loss is and being Shinobi.      

I eventually fall asleep.      

      The next morning I head towards the outskirts of the Wave Country. I close my eyes, focusing on the semi-familiar the chakra signature. I feel it faintly on the opposite end of the village. I sigh, opening my eyes and changing directions.      

        I camp out in the woods for another night, making my absence from the Leaf already a week long.      

         I feel his chakra presence very near now. I'm suddenly grabbed from behind with my eyes shielded. After a few second the hand is removed and I conclude that I'm in a cave. I whip around, already gripping my Shibuki sword. "So you came, Kasumi-chan," He says, swirling a piece of my blue-black hair around his finger.       

         "Tell me, how have things been, daughter-dearest?"