Chapter Ten; Chuunin Adventures

Okay so my plan for this story is to update twice a week, so that I'll be finished before my summer break ends. I'm done with this story and I'm working on the sequel but I don't know, it needs to be slightly delayed so I can foreshadow and jank yanno, and I need to know how it ends to do that. 

I feel like this story would be a hundred times better if it was in third person like in the first chapter. D; Ughhh. Lol, anyway, thanks for liking, voting, commenting, and fanning, I really appreciate it. (: 

-----------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't register at first. 

Kakashi kissing me, I mean. One second I'm talking, and the next his lips are molded with mine.

      But it does register, eventually. I push him away from me. I study his face without the mask as he looks at me with shock and guilt swimming in his single onyx eye. "I can't do this." I state, my eyebrows crinkled in thought. "Kasu-" I cut him off. "I emotionally can't, Kakashi. I don't have those useless things anymore. They died alongside my brother in that arena sixteen years ago. I haven't dealt with people much since that day. My mother stayed in the hospital and I took on strictly solo missions. I loved Makoda, Kakashi, and he was all I had left. I don't want to love and cherish anyone else. I just want to be a Shinobi until I can join Madoka. And I'm tired, okay? I'm tired of useless people trying to break down my barriers and get a reaction from me. I am the tool known as a Shinobi. And I don't want to be anything more." I interrupt. 

"But you're so much more than that, Kasumi. I understand that you regret what you did, but we're only trying to be your friends. I wish you'd stop blaming yourself." He replies calmly, his mask now pulled up. "You and everyone else here are pathetic. These Genin have too many irrelevant feelings. They don't deserve to be Shinobi. And even you, Kakashi, who wastes time on me. I don't want to be with you in any way, shape, or form. You care too much for your comrades. If they act like idiots, then they should be killed. The team is better off that way." I glare at him. 

"If you just let us in, you'd understand why our comrades are so important to us. We need support from others, whether we want to admit it or not. Even you, Kasumi. You might have been alone for sixteen years, but you still have a heart. It might be frozen over, but it's capable of thawing. You just won't let it. I care for you, Kasumi. In a way I've never cared for anyone else." 

I cross my arms, refusing to feel intimidated by our four inch height difference. "I don't feel anything for you, Hatake Kakashi." I state firmly, my glare in full force.

He sighs and breaks eye contact. I walk past him into the spare bedroom, closing and locking the door behind me.

Another dreamless night.

*

I wake up groggily. I plod to the kitchen to find a note on the counter.

Training with Sasuke until the third exam.  Kakashi

I crumble up the note and toss it into the garbage. Obviously, he ignored everything I said last night. I heat a bit of water for tea and fix myself a small breakfast. 

While I'm putting my dish in the sink, a messenger bird pecks at the window. I open the window and slip the note from its talon. It says two words, 'Lord Hokage'. I shut the window after the bird and head to the spare bedroom. I change into my standard attire, and repack my ninja pouches. I strap on my sword as I jump from the railing leading to the apartment.