Chapter Eleven; Trust in Friends

As we near the border of the Fire Country and the Land of Tea, I feel a presence coming towards us. I glance back at the Chuunin. Satoshi glances to his left, then right, before meeting my gaze. I nod once, turning back around. "We're going to take a quick break," I announce, stopping in my tracks.

Once we're all seated, I lean in towards my team. "We were being watched. Either they retreated or masked their presence. It could be the enemy. There may also only be one enemy, but we should always be prepared for an ambush. But for now, act calm; appear vulnerable." The Chuunin nod. "Don't worry, Hachiro. I doubt they'll be all that strong." I assure. I hand everyone a riceball and wait. 

The attack begins with a shower of kunai and shuriken. I whip out my sword, as does Kyo and together we deflect the weapons. I focus on the vibrations in the ground. "There are at least five of them." I state, reopening my eyes. "Satoshi do it now!" I order. He nods, forming hand signs.

I jump into a tree with Hachiro, Kyo, and Yumiko. "You two will protect Hachiro." I whisper. "If you can prevent it, don't get caught at all. If you do and they overpower you, push them back then create an Earth shield. Satoshi and I will deal with them." I land next to the said male. "One broke out of the Genjutsu," He informs. I nod, covering his back. 

Four kunai knives are thrown at us, paper bombs attached. "Ice Release: Ice Flower." I murmur, covering the kunai with chunks of ice. "Release the genjutsu now," I order. He nods, complying. Three ninjas circle us. Satoshi performs the Snake handseal and says, "Earth Release: Earth Shaking Palm," then slams his hand to the ground. 

As the enemies are distracted by the upturned earth, I perform my own jutsu. "Ice Release: Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death." I direct them towards one of the opponents, watching as they pierce his skin. "You take one, I'll take the other. If you finish first, go assist Kyo and Yumiko." 

"Hai." I jump in front of the bearded Shinobi, landing in a crouched position. He wastes no time. "Fire Release: Fire Dragon Bullet!" I grunt in annoyance. "Water Release: Water Bowl," I mutter, jumping into the air and putting out the flames. "Wind Release: Wind Scythe!" I frown when the cut up body turns into a pile of logs. "Substitution Jutsu," I growl. I turn around as another fire attack is shot at me. I jump out of the way, although my dress and leg get minorly burned. "All bark and not bite?" He asks, a nasty smirk on his face. I glare at him. "Silent Killing," I whisper. I close my eyes, focusing on my sense of hearing. I silently land behind the nameless man, a kunai to his throat. "More like no bark and all bite." I whisper in his ear before slitting his throat effortlessly. I cancel my jutsu and scope out the area. Satoshi finished his opponent already. 

I heard towards the sound of clashing kunai. I sneak up behind the ninja they're battling, ending his life instantly. My eyesbrows furrow together. "Have you encountered anymore ninja?" Kyo shakes his head. I frown. "Isn't that a good thing, Sensei?" Yumiko questions. I shake my head. "I sensed five ninja, yet we've only encountered four. Something isn't right." I tell them, getting into a fighting stance. "Oh, how right you are about that, girl." A deep voice rumbles. I turn around as he's swinging his sword toward Hachiro. I run, stopping the sword in the nick of time with my hands. I grunt, pushing it back to the man and whipping out my own sword. "You're a perceptive one, aren't you?" He drawls, curling a piece of my black hair around his finger. "Kasumi of the Red Snow," He whispers. I whip around, taking out the clone in front of me. I block his attack with my Shibuki sword. 

Oh, how this is reminding me of the Land of Waves mission. 

"You three protect Hachiro! He appears to be rogue ninja, so stay out of the fight!" I command. "No way, Sensei!"

A wave of water pushes the rogue ninja away from me. I look towards Yumiko, who's blushing. "S-sorry, Kasumi Sensei." She stutters. My eyes widen for a moment until I'm brought back into the fight by the rogue ninja. "Since you already know my name, why don't you tell me yours?" He chuckles, bringing his sword down on the spot I was residing at a second ago. "I am Yugi." He states, launching at me with two clones. A wall of earth erupts in front of me. I glance towards Kyo, who's grinning cheekily at me. Satoshi casts a Genjutsu. "Genjutsu won't work on me, brat." Yugi spits venomously. Six Yugis launch themselves at the three Chunin and Hachiro. "I won't let you help my old village. They don't deserve it!" I use Mist Body Flicker and fend off two clones. I manage to kick one away from me. "Jump to the trees!" I yell. "Wind Release: Vacuum Wave!" I do a one-eighty, slicing through four clones. Kyo jumps down to cover my blind spots, wielding his katana. We each take on a clone, slicing them in half easily. As I'm jumping to return to Kyo, a sword comes out of no where, cutting my side open. I look towards Kyo, to see another Yugi fighting him. I turn around, kicking the clone, and throwing a kunai towards Kyo's.