Chapter Seven; We all have scars.

The week passes quickly and before I know it, I'm waiting outside the door of the first exam room. Several teams pass Kakashi and I as we wait. One boy catches my eye. His eyes are the same as mine. The loneliness is clear in them, but they hold a certain darkness. I can tell he suffers from insomnia. Our eyes meeting felt like slow motion, even though it was only a couple seconds. 

Then Team Seven finally showed up. "I'm proud that all of you decided to take the Chunin Exams." Kakashi tells them with a closed-eye smile. "Huh?" Sakura mutters. "I deliberately didn't tell you that all three of you had to be here in order to participate. I knew if I told you, Naruto and Sasuke would have pressured Sakura into taking the exam before she was ready." He continues. 

"I believe in you three. Good luck." Kakashi turns to me. "Good luck." I murmur and they're off. 

*

Kakashi and I head to a nearby restaurant. We sat across from each other, sipping our tea. "As you already know, I was on Team Minato. We were sent on a mission during the Third Great Shinobi War to destroy Kannabi Bridge. My sensei and Rin gave me gifts for becoming a Jounin. Obito forgot.

"Since I was a Jounin at the time, I left was in charge of my two teammates, Rin, & Uchiha Obito. We split into two groups. Our Sensei left to go on the front lines, I was left in charge of the mission. When we were first attacked, I taunted Obito about freezing up." Kakashi pauses while our food is placed in front of us. "Before continuing I must tell you that my mother died when I was young. My father was the "White Fang" of the Leaf. He abandoned a mission in order to save his comrades and faced terrible repercussions that forced him into a depression, so he killed himself." I nod. "So I was always careful to follow the rules. That's one reason why Obito and I never got along. He was always late, making up an unbelievable excuse. When we separated, we were attacked by two Grass ninja. They kidnapped Rin. Obito and I got into a fight. I wanted to follow the rule that the mission always came first and Obito wanted to save Rin. He declared that "Those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." Afterwards, I went after him. One of the two Grass ninjas cut my eye and I could no longer use it. It was then that Obito's Sharingan activated and he killed the man." We both eat our rice.

"Rin was under a Genjutsu, but didn't spill any information to the enemy. Once we untied her, the remaining Grass ninja used an jutsu-enduced cave-in. Obito pushed me out of the way, which resulted in a rock crushing the right side of his body." We finish our food, pay, and exit. I already know we're going to the K.I.A. Stone.

"He said since he didn't get me a gift, he'd give me his Sharigan eye. So Rin, being a medical-nin, transferred his eye into my damaged one. I used the Chidori, which I could now use efficently with the Sharingan, to kill the left over Grass ninja. Reinforcements arrived, causing the to cave collasp again. Obito died there, buried under the boulders." He traces Obito's name on the K.I.A. Stone. "What about you Kasumi? You couldn't have gotten all those scars just from your Graduation Exam. It's like you said before, we-"

"We all have scars. We all have stories." I finish. "I think we should go." I urge, standing up, but Kakashi grabs my wrist, causing me to land in his lap. 

KAKASHI'S POV

I stare into her blue and red flecked eyes. She breaks eye contact. "Why don't you let anyone in?" I ask. She stiffens. I turn her around so she's straddling me. Kasumi sighs in defeat. "It's pointless. Emotions are irrelevant to being a Shinobi. The only shared fate we all have as humans is death. Some sooner than others and some more cruel. Being attached to someone only causes pain. I don't believe in love anymore." She steadily keeps eye contact. "Tell me anyway." I mutter, breaking eye contact.