Chapter Sixteen; The Village Hidden in the Mist

PLEASE READ!

Hey, I'm sorry about the slightly late update but I'm going to Kentucky to visit my brother and a couple friends tomorrow at four in the morning and I'm not taking my laptop so I tried really hard to get this update since I still haven't fixed everything on this new laptop. I'll be coming back on the fifteenth, but it's a twelve hour drive from here in Florida to Kentucky. ._.  And then I have a cardiologist appointment on the sixteenth and school on the twentieth, so I don't know when I'll be updating again. Thanks for the comments and votes. <3

--------------------------------------------

      Over the week that it takes for Tsunade to return to the village, I went on a mission with Kyo, Satoshi, and Yumiko, and visited Kakashi daily. Although I'd never admit that to anyone. I visited Sasuke a few times, too. But I know he'll be leaving soon. Him having another family member changes nothing.

                I lean casually against the wall of Kakashi's room with my arms crossed as Tsunade hovers over him. After a few moments, he regains consciousness. He runs a hand through his spiky hair as he sits up. "I expected more from you, Kakashi of the Sharingan." Tsunade chides. He gives a nervous chuckle, along with a closed-eye smile, whilst rubbing the back of his neck. His eyes travel to mine after everyone leaves the room.

                "Why did you show Itachi your Sharingan?" He asks, suddenly serious. "I don't know," I lie, walking towards his bed. He scoots over, patting the spot next to him. I hesitate.

                I take the seat next to him uncomfortably. "You're lying." He states matter-of-factly. "No, I'm not." I argue. "Just tell me the truth, Kasumi." I sigh. "I was just overcome with this feeling that.. I.. needed to protect you." I mumble. "That I had to stop Itachi from hurting.. you." His grabs my wrist, yanking me down so I'm lying on the bed beside him. I lie on my side, facing him. I gulp. "What was that, Kasumi-chan?" He asks cheekily.

                "I.. I was worried about you." I repeat. His eyes crinkle into a smile. "There was a full moon last night," He comments. I nod. "What did your father say?" I shake my head. "I didn't go to sleep." I murmur, reaching up and running my finger over his scar again. "I'm sorry I wasn't there."

                "It's okay," I whisper, trailing my fingers along the edge of his mask absentmindedly. Kakashi places his hand over mine and pull his mask down. Then, I meet him half-way in a kiss.

*

                I stand in the Hokage's office a few hours later. "We're short on Shinobi at the moment right now, Kasumi, and you know that." She starts. "But, since your stay here is only temporary, I can't keep you from returning. Although you were born in Kirigakure, you have ties to both there and here. You're of the Yuki clan of the Hidden Mist Village and of the Uchiha Clan of the Leaf. When you get there, it's your choice whether to return here or not. You have to remember, though, that having loyalties to two villages never works out. You're going to have to decide one day." I nod. "Hai, Tsunade-sama." She smiles at me. "Are you sure you don't want an escort?" I nod again. "I'm sure. Thank you, Lady Hokage." I answer before bowing and exiting the building.