Fractured (Almost)Family

Tony had woken up early - he usually did, but that particular morning had him ... a little anxious. He was very sure that he'd made a mistake trying to steal a few kisses - but then again ... it's not like it was bad. Just ... seemed a little fast considering how he'd been feeling lately. And ... he really really didn't want to screw up anything with Jan. At all.

He wasn't trusting his track record at the moment either. So, as soon as he'd woken up, he'd headed to the kitchen to get some coffee and start to pace. He didn't' want to take off - and he didn't want to hide in the lab, but ... he was always pretty bad at this side of things. He found himself wondering if it was an alcohol thing - but no, that didn't line up since she'd been positively strict about no booze on movie night.

"Wonder if it'd be a problem if I Irished up the coffee," he muttered to himself, tapping out an anxious rhythm with his fingers on the mug.

Of course, Jan was much slower to wake up than he was, and she made her way to the kitchen from the couch still in her slippers and pajamas, yawning and stretching and smiling when she came in. "Morning," she said, headed for the fridge to stick her head in it and see what appealed to her for breakfast.

"Hey, not a lot in there right now," Tony said when she seemed to be in there for a while - to him anyhow. "I haven't really ... had it restocked. No requests made anyhow."

"Well, you need at least some cream cheese and bagels because that's my jam."

"We can send Happy if that's what you want," Tony offered. "Just tell him which shop. Don't want to pester Jarvis on his day off."

"Oooh, yeah. Jarvis needs a day off," Jan agreed fervently before she grabbed herself a coffee mug. "That's alright. We'll have Happy pick up some things so you aren't running on coffee and... whatever magic thing you run on."

"I'm fine with coffee and whatever," Tony replied with a little smirk, lifting his mug. "Works fine. Really."

"Mmm, my size may fool you, Tony, but I eat food. It's a thing most people do," Jan teased.

"Yeah, not - what I meant, but ... " he turned to look around them. "I'll just text him. What all do you want?"

"Bagels... cream cheese... sandwich fixings..." Jan listed off.

"Sounds reasonable," Tony said, his focus purely on his phone as he sent off the text.

Jan let out a breath and then scooted over and leaned her chin on Tony's shoulder. "Okay, did I freak you out? Because you can tell me if I did. You're acting like not-Tony again."

"No, I just ... don't want to ... screw this up," Tony replied, doing his best to go for an expression that showed nothing - though of course, she knew him a little too well for that to actually work.

"You know I kissed you, right?" she said, one eyebrow raised. "If anything, I'm the pushy one here, Tony. Let's get that straight."

"And you know I'm a disaster. Romantically speaking."

"So am I," Jan pointed out. "I mean, I'm not exactly the poster child for healthy relationships. Case in point - I am pretty sure I may have possibly ... met a few foreign guys on the cruise after the divorce and possibly some of them were... well. Not exactly Avengers friendly?"

Tony gave her an expression of clearly put upon shock. "Miss Van Dyne ... I think I want names after all the flack I've been catching for masked assassins."

"Okay, but in my defense? I definitely didn't know they were spy types until, like, I was fighting bad guys?"

Tony pointed at himself. "Same. That defense doesn't work for me. Ever."