Disapproval In Red, White, And Blue

Things were going along swimmingly for Mr. Stark in the big, empty Avengers mansion. K had absolutely gotten creative with him - and he was enjoying every twist and turn she'd come up with. The rest of the Avengers and the X-Men had been gone since shortly before she'd shown up and the date was still going strong well into Thursday, though they were occupied when someone showed up at the mansion to check on him since Tony absolutely hadn't taken the time to even look at his phone, let alone answer it. But this time... it wasn't Jan, and there was no shouted out warning like she had done down at the beachside house in Georgia.

In fact, the two lovers were tangled up pretty well at the time as the door to Tony's room started to open. K barely had time to simply bury her face in the crook of Tony's neck as he quickly pulled the covers up and put an arm around her back to pull her tight to him as a minimal means of helping her cover up. The truth was, they honestly didn't have much of anywhere to go before Steve knocked as he came in already wearing a look of absolute disapproval.

Of course, K couldn't see it, and she was hyper aware of Steve just ...standing there taking in the state of the room and the state of them for what felt like ages before he finally broke the silence. "Really, Tony?" Steve's tone was completely disapproving as he crossed his arms and gave Tony a look.

"I don't understand what the problem is," Tony said, even as he managed to pull the covers up almost to K's shoulder, though she still hadn't moved more than to scrunch into him a little more as he pulled the covers up.

Steve let out a heavy sigh and turned to leave. "Learn to lock your door, Tony. Miss - I apologize for walking in." He left a moment later - with the door closing heavily behind him.

"I had no idea that Captain America was such a joykill," K said as she picked her head up from his shoulder and bit her lip. She began to pull back, but he gave her a little squeeze and stole a quick kiss.

"No reason to let him interrupt us any further. He's gone now ...."

"Is he?"

Tony frowned, then tipped his head before he flipped her over and then made his way over to lock the door. "Just in case there's a test later. Besides ... we were in the middle of something."

"Yeah, I think you need to start over," she said with a little laugh. "Take it from the top, Mr. Stark."

When Tony made his way to his place near Chicago on Saturday afternoon, he came in like he always did - a bit disheveled from the wind and the convertible, and looking like all he needed was a cup of coffee and a few days of sleep. "What'd I miss?" Tony asked as he poured his coffee.

"Apparently the sleep you said you needed so badly," Steve said without looking up from his drawing.

Clint snerked, and Jan gave Tony her most imperious look. "I told you!" she said.

Tony rubbed one arm as he shook his head in disbelief, looking out the window. "Why is this all on me? Who just walks into someone's bedroom?"

"Who decides to have a tryst in the middle of a big push?" Steve said.

"Everyone was moved!"

"We didn't all move out so you could have groupies over!" Jan said.

Tony spun her way. "That is not ... no." He was shaking his head and looking irritated at the insinuation.

"Another dangerous assassin, no doubt, then," Natasha said with a smirk, latching on to the fact that Tony simply didn't defend accusations like that. Until now.