Playing Dress Up And House

What K didn't know while she was following Ororo and Wanda's advice was that Ororo had been sure to let Logan know what had been said between the three women - once she'd found him that is.

The drinking session with Jan did end up ending with a bonfire in the woods - and Jan had been entirely miserable as Logan wrapped her in a blanket and took the empty bottle from her once the fire had started to die out. She was drunk enough that she simply curled in when Logan carried her to the Jeep to head back - though he was entirely too sober for his own liking.

Logan was halfway up the stairs - still carrying Jan - when Ororo found him to fill him in. "I don't have time right now, 'Ro, and I'm not feelin' too social."

Ororo raised an eyebrow at that and tipped her head, though that only had Logan pausing to give her a dry look. "She needed someone to keep an eye on her when she was blowin' off some steam," he told her. "I just made sure she didn't do anything to permanently hurt herself."

Ororo fell into step with him and when they got to Jan's room, she opened the door held it for him as he carried Jan to her bed. "Wait!" Jan said when she felt herself going flat. "I'm not done drinking!"

"Darlin'," Logan said doing his best to look serious. "You keep drinkin' and I'm gonna have to spend the rest of my night rubbin' your back while you throw it all back up."

"Ooh - no thank you," Jan said, resting her arm across her eyes.

"Lay on your side so I don't have to worry about you," Logan said, waiting for Jan to turn onto her side - and then he had to laugh when she immediately snuggled in when he covered her up.

"You're so good to make sure I'm comfy cozy."

"Sleep it off, Jan," Logan said as she simply snuggled in deeper, already well on her way to asleep.

The two X-Men stepped out of Jan's room, and Logan pulled the door shut behind them, though when Ororo opened her mouth, Logan held up a hand. "I don't want to hear whatever it is you girls were chatting about."

"I think you might," Ororo argued. "It involves the new girl."

"Goodnight, Ro." Logan started to stalk off, but it was still a bit too early in the evening for her to simply raise her voice for him.

"Logan," Ororo said in a harsh whisper. "I'm trying to help you."

But Logan didn't turn around or slow down as he went right for the stairs and back outside.

It was only a few days before K got an interesting wake up call. Katie had fallen asleep curled up next to K after a nightmare about monsters getting her and stealing her teddy bear which she had clutched tightly to her chest. K was still tired from staying up late - Katie had been so upset, all she could do was keep running her hand through Katie's hair and humming little tunes to the tiny girl. There were a few times that Katie had startled awake as she tried to sleep - with fresh tears streaming down her cheeks, though she wouldn't settle down until K hugged her tightly and promised that she was safe, if nothing else.

So by the morning light that was streaming through the curtains, K could see that the tear streaks were dried, but the salty paths were still easy to spot on her round little cheeks. Though she'd let go of K and had settled into bed, she still had a death grip on her teddy bear.

K got to her feet very carefully so as not to disturb Katie as she headed to the dresser to find some clothes. She'd only laid out her outfit for the day when the door to the hallway opened up and K turned to see Tony slipping in quietly - though he smiled when K's reaction was to smirk and simply start changing on the spot.