Savannah

Erik had been sure to warn K against rescuing any kids that she wasn't sure were mutants ... though he didn't have a way to enforce it, and seeing as Genosha wasn't ready yet, he couldn't even brook an argument with her to stop without a way to prove they weren't mutants. She particularly liked the part where she threw 'innocent until proven guilty' in his face, and he had no response. Not in front of the rest of the gathered group of followers anyhow. He would have lost far more than a little face had he said anything in front of Wanda - particularly since Wanda herself had no way to tell if her own children were mutants themselves.

And because of that, and the last interaction she had with Cyclops, when she called the Institute with not just one kid, but three little blondes ranging in age from a six months up to six years old, it had actually taken her a little time to decide what to do. It had been an unexpected thing, as always, but this time ... the contact that K had met up with for the Assassin's Guild in Georgia had given her the kids as some odd kind of proof of loyalty to who they thought was winning the fight. Though what in the world the Guthrie family had done to cross them, K had no way of knowing.

Unlike last time, K didn't actually want to talk to Scott, and instead of dealing with him, she'd instead gotten the number to speak directly to Charles. She had no way of knowing who would be coming, but she wasn't in the mood to play too many games or listen to a lecture. Not when she was busy entertaining a traumatized six year old that was working hard to take care of his three year old sister and six month old brother.

Of course, of the three, the youngest was the easiest to win over, but when little Paige saw the way that K was gently tickling Josh, she warmed up pretty quickly. Sam watched from nearby - a little frown on his face as he carefully kept an eye on everything going on, but he too, found himself gravitating closer the more it was clear that his siblings were in good hands.

"Go ahead," K said as she took out a little bottle of sunscreen and started taking care of getting Josh covered. Which, in and of itself was enough to get Sam to admit he was hungry and join his little sister as she cheerfully nibbled at the cut fruit and little sandwiches K had brought to their parkside picnic. Josh was outright giggling after K got the sunscreen on his face, though he'd held perfectly still as she rubbed a swath down his nose.

As soon as she was done with Josh, she gave him some little pieces of melon and berries to try to eat, though he was much more interested in squishing the pieces and belly laughing. And as he played in the shade, Paige came over to ask for sunscreen too, though it was Sam that explained: "We get burnt real fast," even as he took a moment to put his own on while his sister was being taken care of.

The three kids were a lot more hungry than they'd initially let on and K made a mental note to look into how the Assassin's Guild had treated them. She'd finished with Paige's sunscreen and gotten the kids to settle down enough to eat when Jean and Scott made their appearance. K looked over her shoulder at them, over the top of her dark sunglasses and kept a mostly neutral response. "They're not finished with their food yet, you'll have to wait." She paused and fixed Scott with a look for just a moment. "I won't rush them."

Josh was still grinning up at K every time he got a handful of melon or raspberries squished between his fingers, one eyebrow arched up as if he really thought he was getting away with murder. And that was enough for Jean to more or less melt as she made her way over to grin at the little guy.

"Oh, he couldn't be older than... a few months, maybe?"

"Six months if what they told me was right, and he's eating soft food alright," K said as she handed him a few blueberries to squish. "This is Josh, the beauty in the pigtails is Paige ... and the young man in charge is Sam." She looked up at Jean squarely. "You'll have to get the details from them. What I got was spotty at best."