Chapter 8 - Missed Your Turn

There wasn't a sign of the Autobots as Clarissa followed the long lines of cars to get over the bridge. No one could see the small frown of disappointment formed on her lips. Though she should have known they would have gotten out of their as quick as they could. It's good that they were able to fix the bridge. Traffic seems to begin moving quicker once over the bridge. As soon as she had an opening, she revved her engine and sped up, maneuvering around to get to the race track. A few cars honked as she swerved past, but that didn't bother her. Tyler was already mad that she is late.

She drifted into a parking spot, quickly shutting the bike down and running to the track. "I'm sorry Tyler I didn't mean to be late." She stopped and panted for a moment, her hands on her knees and eyes to the floor. "Its fine, but." Tyler started. "But what?" She looked up and froze in place. "What is he doing here?!?" She pointed at the man standing next to Tyler. He looked the same as she remembered. Tall, dark brown hair, the same sly grin he always wore. His perfectly tailored suit fit snug on his body, showing off his toned biceps. "Nice to see you too, Agent Rave." The man said with a fake smile. "Agent Greggory." She sneered back at him, no smile, arms crossed. "Always charming." He commented. "What do you want?" She snapped.

"I think you know why." He took a step towards her, but Clarissa stood her ground. "I told you already. My answer is no." She stepped around him, bumping into his arm as she walked past. "Come on, Clarissa. We need you back. We need both of you." He turned around brushing off the push from her. "You don't need us." She said without turning away from her bike. "I'll let you help interrogate." She looked up and thought about his offer. "No." she ordered. He stepped forward, opening his mouth to keep counter her, but was stopped by Tyler stepping in his way. Tyler only put his hand up and shook his head. "This isn't over." Agent Greggory then stomped his way out of the arena.

Tyler put a comforting hand on Clarissa's shoulder. Before he could say anything, she beat him to it. "When will they learn? Why don't they get it?" She leaned against her bike, her head down. "I don't know." Tyler rubbed her back, not really knowing what to say. "But I will never say yes, unless you do." "Tyler, if you want to go back. Then go back. I'm not going to hold you back." Tyler laughed at her statement. "It wouldn't be the same without you and you knew how to keep the boys in line the best." She shook her head with a small smile on her face. "Yeah that's true." She agreed. She turned around to face him. "Come on, lets get you out on the track." Tyler suggested, and she wasn't slow to agree.

Her mind stayed focused on the track. She held the throttle open, going faster and faster. She leaned low, her knee skidding along the ground as she went around corners. Letting her anger out, relaxing her from days events and it wasn't even noon yet. "Slow down when you get to the next corner, your going to fast." She ignored the voice coming threw her ear bud. She stared down the next turn, speed still climbing. "Clarissa you're not going to make it!" He screams in her ear. But it doesn't distract her. She hits the curve Her speedometer reading over 200 miles per hour. She grits her teeth as she slammed on the breaks, kicking her tail out, but before she could recover, the bike slid out from underneath her.,

Tyler never ran so fast in his life. Clarissa lay on the ground dragged a few feet away from the turn. Her bike continued another twenty feet in front of her. She slowly pushed herself off the ground, she looked over to the sound of running footsteps. Her visor broken, a chunk missing on one side. So, Tyler could see how much shame and anger was held in one eye.

It wasn't until he fell down beside her that he noticed the shaved down side from where the helmet dragged across the pavement.

"Clarissa what were you thinking?" He screamed at her, looking her over. She slowly tried to stand up, but quickly fell back to the ground. She rolled on to her back and now they both could see the blood trailing from her kneecap.

"Oh god. We need to get you to the hospital. You better hope that's not broke." He growled to her.

Others that were at the track ran out to help. Another guy came to Tyler's aid and helped him carry her back to pits. She limped painfully over to the pits, an EMT meeting up with them. "Boy you got here fast." She says sarcastically, earning a glare from Tyler. Tyler helped the EMT to clean up the bloody mess that is her knee. "Where's my bike?" She whispered, looking around. "Don't worry about the bike right now." Tyler ordered. "Where is my bike?" She demanded. "It's probably totaled from that stunt you just pulled." "I almost made it this time." She said looking down at him.

He didn't answer. The EMT and him got her pants off, luckily she had shorts on underneath, and the EMT was now assessing the situation. "It is definitely broken." He said as he wiped a bit more blood off a part of her knee cap sticking through the skin. Tyler got up and his hands went to his head and he gave a low groan. "We need to get you to the hospital." The EMT stood after patching up her knee as best as he could. Another EMT walked up with a gurney and the two of them gently laid her down. "I'll meet you at the hospital." He said, this time his tone saddened. All she gave was a nod, not looking at him.

*With the Autobots at Denny's scrapyard*

The bots were just coming back from a mission when Denny gets a phone call. "Tyler! Hey man. Haven't talk to you in a while. How've you been?" Sideswipe stalls hearing a recognizable name. "Oh no. Is she okay?" Denny asks in a worried tone. Sideswipe now stops what he is doing, and that's helping the others bring in a con, and runs over to Denny to hear the conversation. "Yeah no of course. Do you know when she was there last?... Alright. I'll take care of them." He hangs up the phone call. As he turns around he doesn't realize Sideswipe is right behind him, making him jump and grab his chest.

"Sideswipe! Don't do that!" He huffs at the red bot. "Who was that?" Sideswipe ignores Denny's scare and jumps to the important subject. "It was just an old friend of mine. Another friend that he trains got into a motorcycle accident this morning. She is out for the count and is at the hospital. Needed knee surgery. I guess it was really bad. Who knows if she will be able to ride again." Sideswipe knows exactly who Denny is talking about. Trying not to show faces, his insides were going crazy. All he wanted to do right now was race to the hospital to see his girl. "So, he asked if I could come feed her horses for a few days until she comes home." Denny continued.

"Wow, is she alright?" Strongarm asked walking up with Bee and Grimlock, the three hearing some of the conversation. "She's stable and awake. Hopefully with Physical therapy she will be up on her feet again in no time. But I have to go check on her horses. Bee want to give..." "No, I'll take you!" Sideswipe shouted, interrupting Denny. All of them looked at Sideswipe in surprise. "You want to go help with horses. Do you even know what they are?" Bee questions. "Well I'm sure it will be a great learning experience." He attempted to save himself, but it still earned him some weary looks. "Well alright. Just be careful, horses are big animals and can be scared easily." Be warned. Sideswipe nodded and transformed, popping open the door for Denny.

*Back at the hospital*

This could mean the end of her career. This could be the end for everything she loved to do. Horseback riding, racing, driving, even just walking. She won't be able to stand on her own for a long time. She now lay still in a hospital bed. Her bright blue eyes, looking a dull gray blue, staring up at the ceiling. Her left knee lay in a cast with new pins holding the metal knee cap together under it. Surgery went well, but it is now up to her and the healing to see if she will be able to ride again.

Tyler hasn't left her side since they got there. It has been a few days now and he just couldn't leave her alone. As much as she appreciates him being there, there is someone else on her mind. If only she had a way to talk to him. Her phone got left at the track and Tyler doesn't have his number. Tyler was able to get in touch with Denny to have him look after her horses. She was very thankful for that. Her horses were her everything after her parent died. She is very lucky to have someone so willing to help her.

After an hour of staring at the ceiling, she finally makes a movement. Tyler stand the moment he hears the shuffle of her sheets. She reacts to the bed lowering a bit next to her. A hand grabs tightly to her, comforting her, rubbing with his thumb, letting her know its okay. He doesn't say a word as their eyes connect. 'I'm sorry' She mouthed to him, small tears threatening to breach. "Don't apologize. I'll yell at you when your better and back on the track." He squeezed her hand some more. A small smile spread on her lips. "There's a smile." He said chuckling. "I know you want Sam here. I wish I could call him for you." He answered before she could ask.