c h a p t e r 4 0

third

Katniss hummed, rocking in the rocking chair in the baby's nursery. Above the crib spelled out his name, his beautiful name that Katniss and Peeta picked for him. The walls were a grey with splashes of the color blue. Katniss rubbed her belly, calming the kicking baby. He was supposed to be coming any day now and Katniss believed he was getting fussy. She closed her eyes, singing a small lullaby to her beloved baby. Peeta had just walked in the doorway from work. He placed his keys and bags down, hearing the faint and beautiful singing voice of his wife. He smiled cheekily, being extra cautious and quiet as he reached the nursery. He listened to her sitting in the chair looking relaxed. She was glowing, absolutely radiant. Her long, dark chocolate hair was in her loose curls and her hands were running along her stomach. She finished the song with a tiny smile across her lips. She glanced down at her stomach, speaking to the baby, "I'm glad you finally settled down. Don't worry you'll see your daddy and I soon enough."

"You are going to be the best mother ever," Peeta finally spoke up. Katniss looked back, taking a quick look at her husband. She held on to the rocking chair, pushing herself up. She walked to Peeta, placing one of her hands on his cheek and the other on his back, pulling him close.

"You are going to be the best father ever. He will have the best parents in the world," she pecked his lips gently, caressing his cheek. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. She nuzzled close to him, inhaling his scent. He smelled like vanilla and pumpkin. Every now and then he'll visit his family's bakery and help out in the kitchen. He's one of the best bakers in the family and lucky for Katniss, she gets to taste his sweet treats all the time. "I have a feeling that baby boy is going to come soon. He's been kicking like crazy all day."

"Well then how would you like to spend this evening - it might be the last time where it's just the two of us?" Peeta lips brushed against her forehead, swaying along to no music.

"How about we go out to our favorite fancy restaurant?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows as her hands gripped his biceps.

"That sounds amazing my love," he states giving her a quick peck before snatching her hand. They walked into their master bedroom, separating to get ready. Katniss was glowing and although she felt awful some days, she felt gorgeous. Her pregnancy was really doing good for her skin and hair, she felt as though she was meant to be pregnant. She was meant to be a mother. She freshened up her curls, making them look effortless yet attractive. She added some mascara to her thick eyelashes and placed bronzer and blush along her cheeks. She closed the lid to her blush, giving herself a soft smile into the mirror. She ruffled her hair, giving it more volume as she stepped out of the bathroom, heading to their bedroom.

She dressed herself, matching with Peeta of course. That was something they always did, they matched one another. She wore a tight navy dress to show off her baby bump along with a red flannel cardigan. She paired this with nude heels. Although since her bump was so large, she could no longer put on her shoes herself. She sat on the bed, helpless as she pouted and waited on Peeta to come into the room. He wore navy dress pants along with a navy tie and a white button down. He styled his hair, just how Katniss liked it. It was messy yet fixed as it was combed to the side. He left the bathroom, flipping off the light switch. His eyes fell on his wife who pouted on the bed. He chuckled and knelt down in front of her. "You are something else Katniss Mellark."

"Just put my shoes on, please," she whined, a faint smile in the corner of her lips

"Just put my shoes on, please," she whined, a faint smile in the corner of her lips. He slipped on both of her shoes then helped her stand up. They walked out of the bedroom, heading downstairs. "I love my baby bump, but oh boy I'm so excited to have baby boy in our arms."

"I have to say, you look super hot with a baby bump. I'm excited for him to come too though, but I will miss him kicking in your stomach." Peeta opened the door for her, she slowly got in with a little help. They had bought another car - an SUV this time. Katniss wanted a 'mom' car. Everything was being prepared for the arrival of baby boy. They are still debating on a middle name, but the first name for him was already picked out. Everyone was so anxious for him to come, even people they didn't even know. They were famous and of course all of their followers wanted to see the baby. They arrived at the restaurant, paparazzi swarming around their car. Peeta left the car first, heading over to Katniss' door. He opened it up, helping her exit. Their hands connected as they walked to the door, keeping their heads down.

They were seated off in the distance - away from everyone including the windows. A young, blonde waitress came over towards them as she attempted to hide her excitement. "Hello, welcome in! What can I get you guys to start off with?"

"I'm thinking of starting off with dessert," Katniss stated bluntly, glancing up from her menu. Peeta chuckled, shaking his head as he turned to the waitress.

"Dess - dessert?" she stuttered, her eyelashes blinked in disbelief. Katniss sat back, rubbing her large stomach.

"Baby boy wants what baby boy wants," she joked, a smile creeping on her lips. The waitress immediately laughed, her eyes sparkling.

"She wants a piece of chocolate cake along with chocolate mousse. Surprise us with some coffee dessert as well," Peeta responded, the girl was looking confused. "Don't worry, I know what my pregnant wife wants. It's crazy how I can just read her mind sometimes."

"I really admire you guys, y'all make me believe that true love actually exist." Katniss sent a quick smile to Peeta and grabbed his hand across the table. "You are both so inspiring! I mean you guys are so powerful and brilliant."

"Thank you very much, Clarissa!" Katniss commented, reading off of her name tag. The girl became redder than a tomato. Her blonde hair was wrapped in a messy bun and her hazel colored eyes were sparkling.

"You're welcome Mrs.Mellark," she said and turned on her heel to go.

"Clarissa," Katniss called after her. She whipped around, her face was still in shock. "Please call me Katniss."

"You got it, Katniss."

+ + +
we love a strong female figure

next chapter is going to be a big chapter, it's the birth of da baba

thank you all so much, sorry life has been crazy
i love y'all so much
bye tributes
-xoxo