c h a p t e r 1 5

third person

"Peetie?" Katniss called from the kitchen. She leaned on the countertop, while texting on her phone. Peeta tiptoed behind her, his arms locking around her. She giggled as they began to sway back and forth. He left small kisses along her neck as her smile never left her face.

"I'm such a softie when it comes to you," he mumbled against her skin. It was true. When it came to Katniss he wasn't demanding or anything like he was when she wasn't in his life. When it came to her, he would do anything for her and he let her get away with everything, even calling him a silly nickname.

"My family wants to meet you. Would you like to have dinner with them?" she asked, blushing. He pecked her neck once more, his smile felt against her back.

"I would love to," he stated. She left his grasp, texting her mother before getting some more cooking ingredients out of the fridge. "Tell me a little more about your family."

"Well, I have three siblings. Kale is the oldest, he's very overprotective of me. He's twenty-six. Primrose and Paisley you met, but Prim is fifteen and Paisley is three. My mother and father were married for twenty-eight years before he passed. After he passed away that was when we discovered my mother was pregnant. Little Paisley is a miracle," she explained, jumping up to sit on the counter. "My mother is a nurse while Kale is an engineer and Prim is training to be a nurse."

"Your family sounds amazing," he said with a goofy smile. He stood in between her legs, his hands holding her tiny waist. He gave her lips a little peck. She frowned when he pulled away but she knew what made him crazy. Her arms linked around his neck, her fingertips playing with the edge of his hair. His eyes flashed a look of love and excitement. He leaned in, his lips on fire for hers. The kiss was aggressive, full of desire. Her legs locked around his waist as he carefully lifted her up, lips still in sync with hers. He broke the kiss, tossing her over his shoulder. Her giggles filled the air as he began to walk up the stairs with her.

"Peeta!" she exclaimed, her laughs flying through the air. "What about the oven?"

"I'll get it, I'm taking my princess upstairs to get ready!" he said with a deep chuckle. She was falling hard for him, no matter how hard she tried to stop herself she just couldn't. Same with him. Katniss agreed that if he wanted to marry her he'd have to propose sometime. He needed to do it soon, especially since his birthday was nearing. Before he left the room he got an idea. He turned on his heel, brushing his hand gently against her shoulder. She whipped around meeting those bright orbs. "I'm heading out, do you need anything?"

"Maybe some coffee ice cream." Her small smile crept along her face. He nodded, kissing the top of her head. He smiled, skipping down the stairs. He drove around town, parking on the street. He swung open the door of the small shop, his appearance causing everyone to turn. He kept minding his own business though, keeping his head down. His eyes scanned the display, falling on the prettiest one.

"May I help you with anything sir?" A man questioned, following his finger.

"That one," Peeta demanded, his voice sure. He continued, watching the guy get the ring out very carefully. "I need it sized. She's very petite so a size six."

"Okay, my pleasure sir. It'll be ready tomorrow." The man showed his bright smile, shaking hands with Peeta. Peeta left with a smile on his face, this was really happening. A flash was being taken from afar but Peeta didn't care. He went down along the sidewalk until he reached the flower shop. He bought flowers for Katniss' mother tonight. He wanted to impress her in the best way he could. He carried his flowers into the bakery. He ordered Katniss' favorite along with his and he also bought her coffee ice cream there. Since it was a coffee shop it had to have the ice cream flavor too.