c h a p t e r 1 8

third person

Katniss' phone began to ring as she shuffled the papers on the counter. She held the phone between her ear and shoulder, her voice strong. "Hello."

"Hello beautiful, pack your bags. I have a surprise for you that requires me to steal you for a couple days," his voice was flirty with a tint of seductiveness in it. Her smile grew, biting her lip softly.

"Why do I need to pack my bags?" she asked cluelessly.

"Because I said so," he replied as he twirled in his desk chair. He had a big smirk across his face, excited for this surprise he planned for her.

"Hmmm, okay. I'll get on that then. Bye, see you soon." She scurried up the stairs, tossing clothes here and there in her suitcase. She was elated to find out what he had planned for her. They hadn't said I love you yet, and she didn't know when they would. She knew she loved him, she just didn't know how to express that. Peeta's suitcase was already packed and placed in his trunk. He sneaked inside his home, creeping up the staircase to meet Katniss. His hands snaked around her tiny waist, peppering kisses along her shoulder. "Well hello there handsome."

"Hello beautiful, are you ready to go?" he asked, his breath hitting against her skin. She nodded eagerly, turning around in his embrace. "Let's get going then."

Peeta grabbed her suitcase, being a true gentleman. As they got into his car though he pulled out a blindfold.

"Uh what's this for?" she asked, her bold, innocent eyes shining at him.

"The surprise is a surprise. Do you trust me?" She bit her lip, debating this question. Did she fully trust him? She was still figuring everything out about him. How many secrets could he be holding? She shifted, her revealed back towards him. He cleared his throat quietly before tying it over her eyes. Once it was tightly secured she turned again, sighing as she settled in the seat. Her hands were placed against her thighs, bare. Peeta pondered one day, hopefully soon, she'll have a ring on her finger exposing that she's his wife. He grasped her hand, giving it a small squeeze. "Trust me."

She let out a quick breath, "I do."

+

His hands lifted her from the car, guiding her away from it. Fresh air hit their faces. A shiver ran down Katniss' back. She felt Peeta's hands leave hers, but his hand found her waist. His warm fingers lit Katniss' skin on fire as he touched her exposed back. Suddenly the blindfold dropped into his hands. The bright sunlight burned her eyes. She squinted, blinking until her eyes fully adjusted. She squealed, "What in the world?"

"It's our private jet baby," he said with a smile. His sunglasses fell to the bridge of his nose as he winked, taking a hold of her hand.

"You have a private jet?" She was astonished, but she should have known. He was the youngest billionaire in the world, of course he had a private jet.

"Our private jet." He kissed her cheek, leading her up the steps of the plane. She was still in shock of this as the plane's steps folded in. She would have never dreamed of her life to be like this. She peeked out the window every now and then, watching the clouds float underneath of them. She had her knees tucked under her, leaning against Peeta's shoulder. He didn't mind, he loved being this close to her.

"So, where are we going mystery hunk?" she asked, her silver eyes sparkling with excitement. Peeta chuckled, staring back at her. He would do anything for her, and she had no clue. He needed this trip for a few things, mostly to get away for some alone time for her, he had a huge surprise planned for her too, and he wanted to get away from the business. Although he would need to keep updated on what was happening back at base, he was unplugging for a few weeks.

"Can't say, at least not right now." He turned back to the magazine he was reading. As he flipped the page a picture of them popped up. "Baby look."

"Wow. . .I am not used to seeing myself in magazines. I don't really know when I'll ever be," she mumbled under her breath. She poked him carefully, her eyes becoming big and a pout forming. "Now can I know?"

"Nope," he stated. She sighed, staring out the window. She was stubborn though, she wasn't going to let him win.

"How about now?" She continued to ask these types of questions for around ten minutes, still getting the same reply, 'no.' Soon though, her eyes became droopy and she grew tired. Her head was still rested against his shoulder as she drifted off to sleep. Her eyelashes fluttered until they were shut. Peeta chuckled, knowing he wasn't going to give away the secret. He actually had two surprises for her, yet she wasn't going to find out.

Peeta gently shook her awake as the plane came to a halt. Her silver eyes glanced around while she rubbed her tired eyes. "We're here?"

"Yes, we're here," he said, pushing himself up out of the seat. He didn't move while she slept because he didn't want too - she looked too peaceful. Peeta led her off the plane, helping her down the steep steps. She clung tight on to his arm, her body in tact with his. He tugged her closer, leaning down to whisper in her ear. "Now just a warning, there will be paparazzi here. A lot of shouting and camera flashes, but just follow my lead. You might want to wear those sunglasses - even inside."

Katniss hesitantly nodded, pushing her sunglasses down to her nose. Just as Peeta promised - paparazzi were crawling the airport. Everyone shouted and cheered and took photos of the smiling couple. Thankfully the body guards surrounded Katniss and Peeta, reassuring them no one could touch them. They slid into the car, the driver beginning to drive throughout the city almost immediately. Katniss was in awe. Her eyes glimmered as she took in her surroundings. Peeta was watching her every move, smiling at her. "Welcome to Paris."

"Oh my, it's absolutely beautiful Peeta!" She took a glimpse at everything in awe. He wanted to see her reaction to everything. They arrived at the hotel they would be staying in - one of Peeta's hotels. The older gentleman held the door open, his lips forming into a warm smile.

"Good afternoon Mr.Mellark," he nodded his head towards Peeta and Katniss. Katniss smiled a bright smile, her left hand hanging tight on to Peeta's. "And who might this be?"

"Hello Greggory. This is Katniss Everdeen, my girlfriend." Peeta smiled down at the short woman beside him. They had never made it official, they both just assumed they were together.

"It's lovely to meet you, Miss Everdeen." He shook her small hand, shaking it gently. His accent was strong underneath his voice.

"It's nice to meet you too, Greggory, but please call me Katniss," she spoke with such grace, anyone would've thought she was a princess. They entered the hotel, the lobby was full of expensive furniture. It was a very high end hotel, many celebrities stayed in this hotel or his other hotels. Once Peeta and Katniss entered the building everyone's heads turned and everyone stood up straighter. Katniss followed close behind Peeta as they made their way to the front desk.

"Here is your penthouse key Mr.Mellark," the woman behind the desk stated, handing him a key.

"Thank you," they both said in unison. Katniss giggled softly, making Peeta chuckle. They made their way to the elevator, Peeta hitting the button that closes the doors almost instantly. Katniss stared up at him, gazing into his blue eyes. "What's next?"

"It's almost dinner time, so we can get settled in then eat on the rooftop." Peeta pulled her in close, his lips brushing against her skin. His fingertips danced along the edge of her shirt as her breath hitched.

"The elevator could stop. . . and let someone in," her words were barely escaping her mouth. Peeta had that much power over her. She wiggles free from his grasp, teasing him with a wink. "Maybe later. . . I said maybe."

+ + +
sorry y'all it's been so long i feel like
so peeta and katniss are on a trip to paris and ? any guesses?
sorry i've had writers block

thank you so much
bye tributes
love y'all
-xoxo
i got power