c h a p t e r 1 0

katniss

I snatched my camera and phone, tossing it into my purse as I plodded into the living room. Annie sat on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and netflix. I giggled, typical Annie. When she isn't working, with family or with Finnick she's watching netflix. "Ugh, why do you have to leave me?"

"Remember all those times you left me for Finnick," I reminded her, throwing on my coat. Her face flushed red and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," she muttered, stuffing her face with more popcorn. I walked over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Plus Finnick will probably come over and all that if you know what I mean." I wiggle my eyebrows as I quickly stand so she can't hit me.

"I hate you!" She tried to be mad, but she knows she can never stay mad at me. So she ends up laughing along with me. A knock on the door erupts our laughter. I get to the door before she can and swing it wide open. Peeta stands with a bouquet of flowers and a big smile. "Omg he brought you flowers. That's the cutest thing ever. Everlark is rising!"

"Ignore her please." My face becomes red and pink from embarrassment. I give her a death glare. "I'll text you Ann."

Meanwhile Peeta is chuckling hysterically as I shut the door to stop Annie's loud mouth from being heard. Soon enough his hand finds mine. And like always he's a gentleman. The radio is on as we drive along. It feels like hours have passed but I know that's not right.

"Where are we going?" I question like a little girl as I peer over at him driving. His hand is rested casually on my thigh and I can't help but blush.

"Guess you'll find out when we get there." He smirks and winks at me before focusing back on the road. I huff, letting out a loud sigh as he laughs at me. Praying by Kesha soon comes on the radio and I instantly jump up. I reach forward and crank it up.

"I love this song!" This song has so much meaning to me. My ex told me that I was worthless, nobody was ever going to love me. I believed him for awhile. Until Peeta came around, he changed everything for me. I hum with the tone, watching out the window until I start singing along.

"Well, you almost had me fooled
Told me that I was nothing without you
Oh, but after everything you've done
I can thank you for how strong I have become

'Cause you brought the flames and you put me through hell
I had to learn how to fight for myself
And we both know all the truth I could tell
I'll just say this is I wish you farewell

I hope you're somewhere prayin', prayin'
I hope your soul is changin', changin'
I hope you find your peace
Falling on your knees, prayin'

I'm proud of who I am
No more monsters, I can breathe again
And you said that I was done
Well, you were wrong and now the best is yet to come
'Cause I can make it on my own
And I don't need you, I found a strength I've never known
I'll bring thunder, I'll bring rain, oh-oh
When I'm finished, they won't even know your name

You brought the flames and you put me through hell
I had to learn how to fight for myself
And we both know all the truth I could tell
I'll just say this is I wish you farewell

I hope you're somewhere prayin', prayin'
I hope your soul is changin', changin'
I hope you find your peace
Falling on your knees, prayin'

Oh, sometimes I pray for you at night
Someday, maybe you'll see the light
Oh, some say, in life, you're gonna get what you give
But some things only God can forgive

I hope you're somewhere prayin', prayin'
I hope your soul is changin', changin'
I hope you find your peace
Falling on your knees, prayin'."

I notice the car has come to a halt. I glance over at Peeta who's looking at me, gaping. His eyes are full of love. "Katniss, you have a beautiful voice!"

"Thank you," I mumble, looking down at my lap. He carefully takes his hands into mine.

"You're amazing. I can't get enough of you." He presses his lips gently against mine. I smile, his lips on mine make my heart melt. Like a gentleman he opens up my door. "Omg I almost forgot to tell you. You look absolutely beautiful, just thought I should tell you what I thought."

"Thank you very much," I speak as the blush rushes to my cheek. He's always telling me how beautiful I am, even though I think otherwise. He grabs me hand and we start to walk. I glance around taking in the beautiful surroundings. It's a meadow, I then realize this is the meadow my father used to take me too. "Peeta, my father used to take me to this meadow all the time."

"I used to come here whenever I wanted to get away," he smiles at me before continuing. "To just get away from my parents, paparazzi, really just life."

"My dad taught me how to hunt here and we'd come out here to just escape," I spoke, continuing to walk. I look down at all the leaves crunching beneath me. "I miss that a lot."

"May I ask what happened?" Peeta questioned. My heart skips a beat as my stomach turns. I'm ready to talk about it, right? I take a deep breath before speaking. Yet I open my mouth and nothing comes out. I take a moment once more and finally gain ability to speak.

"Three years ago he died of cancer. Right in front of me," I mumble. As soon as I speak I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm sorry, he sounds like a great man." His voice was sincere, not just pitiful. I hate pity and I think he knows. He pulls me into a tight hug and gives me a little squeeze. Then suddenly we stop in front of a large tree. Placed in front of the tree is a blanket with a cute little picnic basket.

"Peeta, it's beautiful. I love it," I say, looking around at everything. "I love this place. Everything is so beautiful."

"It's just like you," I take a glimpse at him, noticing he's staring back at me. "So beautiful."

He's charming, so sweet. What did I do to deserve him? Nothing, yet he says he's all about me. We sit down on the blanket and begin to eat. Peeta cooked all of the food and it's absolutely amazing. We continue to make small talk, telling about our families and what not. I lay my head gently on his lap as he plays with my hair.

"Peeta?" He replies with a simple hum. "I wanna show you some place."

I quickly stand on my feet, taking his hands and pulling him to his feet. I remember the small pathway to the lake deep in the woods. After we got done hunting, my father and I used to go to the lake. It was a beautiful lake, clear water and even a waterfall. The lakes water calmed me. We come to the clearing and I hear Peeta gasp. I let my fingertips dance along the water.

"Katniss," he stated causing me to move my attention to him. "I've never felt this way about someone before. I even think I'm falling in love with you."

I bite my lip to try to hide the smile growing on my face, "I think I'm falling in love with you too. I don't have a way with words like you, but I do know that nobody's ever made me feel as loved as you have."

"You do know that if we end up together there will be paparazzi everywhere. They'll want to interview you, take pictures of you. They'd even want to have photoshoots with us or maybe even just you, would you be okay with this?" He questioned, looking deeply into my eyes.

"As long as I'm with you, I'll be fine." I lifted my hand to caress his cheek. His skin was so smooth and soft against my touch.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" His words just flowed out. A smile spread across my face as I pulled him into a long kiss. A passionate kiss that set off fireworks inside me. This feeling. . .was it love? We pulled apart, his smile increasing each second. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes, it's a yes." He picked me up, spinning me around and around. I giggled, hanging on tight to him. I'm head over heels for him.

+ + +
katniss and peeta are dating now!

what'd y'all think?

thank you, love ya
bye tributes
-xoxo💋
my heart ain't ready yet