c h a p t e r 3 7

third

Peeta laid on the bed, his wife Katniss laying on him

Peeta laid on the bed, his wife Katniss laying on him. Her head was gently laid against his legs. His right hand was softly running through her hair while his left hand was rubbing circles on her large stomach. Katniss was now eight months along, only one more month to go. Her and Peeta were anxious to meet the baby boy. The television light was brightening up the dimmed bedroom. The fireplace also lit up the room. The sound was very faint as it was almost bedtime. Katniss couldn't stop thinking about the new doorman in one of the hotels. His grey eyes were so familiar. He was almost identical to her. "Peeta?"

"Hmm?" Peeta hummed, his eyes were closed slightly. The work lately had been mostly a lot of training when they were told Gale was still out there.

"What's the name of your new doorman in your hotel, the one we took maternity photos in?" Katniss asked, her curiosity was eating her away. She had to figure out his name, something about him was so recognizable.

"I believe his name is Kaeden Russo, why?" Peeta opened his eyes as he felt his wife shift off of his legs. Her hair was in her usual loose curls as she furrowed her eyebrows. He held her arms carefully, rubbing his hands up and down them comfortingly.

"He just looks so familiar and I have a cousin with the last name Russo," she stated, attempting to connect the dots.

"I can find out for you," he whispered to her, kissing her forehead. She nodded, shuffling to get underneath the covers. The windows were faintly open and she had goosebumps growing along her body. Peeta always slept with the windows open. If they weren't open, he couldn't sleep. Peeta's body was hot against hers though and she always snuggled close to him through the night. He kissed her belly once, then drifted up to her lips. He pulled her into a big passionate kiss causing butterflies to swarm in her stomach. Still after a few years, he still made her feel butterflies. "Goodnight baby boy, and goodnight my love. Get some sleep."

"Goodnight handsome," she mumbled against his chest. Her head rested on his chest and her legs were tangled with his. His hands were wrapped around her protectively and securely. He made sure she always felt comfortable and safe, and she always did. They fell into a slumber cuddled up in one another's arms.

+

Katniss woke to the aroma of breakfast foods filling their home. She swung her legs over the bedside carefully, her movements have been getting slow lately because of how big she has been getting. She used all of her force to push herself off the bed and slip on her slippers. She tottered into the bathroom, washing her face and teeth. After she dried her face she threw on her silk robe before heading downstairs. She followed the smell by shuffling into the big white kitchen. Peeta stood at the stove cooking without a shirt on and grey sweatpants. Katniss licked her lips, heading towards him. She hugged the back of him, her eyes filled with desire. She snuck her hand out, snatching a piece of bacon. She chewed it with her eyes closed in pleasure. The sweet taste of bacon sounded extra good for baby boy. Peeta chuckled, shaking his head at his eager and supposedly very hungry wife. "Well good morning to you too."