c h a p t e r 2 9

third

Katniss walked along the street, her heels clicking on the concrete

Katniss walked along the street, her heels clicking on the concrete. She wore sunglasses, hiding her identity a bit. Her phone rang inside of her purse, causing her to reach in and snatch it. It was from their honeymoon destination. "Mrs.Mellark speaking."

"Hello Mrs.Mellark, I couldn't get ahold of your husband so I decided to call you. It seems you left early without checking out, may I ask why?" she asked. Katniss immediately knew that the woman she was speaking to was the one who tried to flirt with her husband. She licked her lips, glancing around the busy city.

"No, we left because we had an emergency. We must've forgotten to tell you, so sorry!" she stated. The tall building in front of her was similar to Peeta's except with a black interior and exterior. Since Katniss came into Peeta's life the Mellark tower has been remodeled and redesigned thanks to her. His building colors were black, white and grey with pops of color like yellow or some fun color that they both enjoyed.

"What was this emergency, Mrs. Mellark?" the woman questioned. She knew instantly that the woman was Gale's so called girlfriend, and she was definitely trying to get close to finding out where she was or where Peeta was. Katniss' eyes narrowed as she glanced into the windows of the building.

"Goodbye," she answered, hanging up quickly. She sashayed into the building, the Hawthorne building to be exact. She glanced around, noticing a janitor. She walked over to him with a smile. "Hello sir, may I know what floor their conference room is?"

"The next conference doesn't start for another twenty minutes," he said, his eyebrows raising in confusion. She remembered the names of the woman attending this conference from a list Peeta had granted to her.

"Oh, I'm always early!" she exclaimed, which was a huge lie. Katniss Everdeen was never early, always fashionably late. She held out her hand, "Sierra Hitch."

"Ms.Hitch, how lovely to meet you. It's on floor nineteen," he replied, shaking her hand firmly. She nodded towards him before rushing off into the elevator. She clicked floor nineteen, the elevator music playing gently in the background. She had gotten lucky no one was in the elevator. The elevator dinged, signaling she had made it. She scanned around as she strutted. A man dressed in a suit was surveying the area around the conference room when she walked forward.

"Sir, there was this man in the stairwell, on floor twelve and he tried to assault me! I came here because of a conference and I get assaulted! What kind of company is this?" She crossed her arms, pouting as she began to fake cry. The man became alert, staring down at her.

"Is he still there ma'am?" he asked. She nodded and he walked firmly towards the stairwell. Once he disappeared behind the door, she slid into the door of the room. She placed micro microphones underneath both ends of the table. She stuck the camera in the plant against the wall that faced the projector. She started to walk to the door when it cracked open. She hid behind the podium, waiting for the person to leave. The sound of the door shutting made her perk up and peek. The coast was clear as she scurried out of the room unseen. She made her way back into the elevator, pressing the main floor. It stopped at floor twelve, a man stepping on. He studied her for a long time, slowly figuring out.