c h a p t e r 2 5

third

The dress hugged her curves, showing the perfect outline of her body

The dress hugged her curves, showing the perfect outline of her body. Her hair was pulled in a messy bun with some white flowers showered along her hair. Little jewels were sprinkled in brunettes locks. She placed in her earrings along with her other jewelry. Today was the day she would officially be married and become Mrs. Mellark. She glanced in the mirror, admiring the beautiful woman who was her reflection. She couldn't believe it was her, this woman was stunning, her beauty was unmatched. She smiled slightly, finally feeling a wave of happiness wash over her. She didn't care if Peeta was the boss in his own mafia, she could care less. The only thing that mattered was their love for one another. She imagined what there was to come at the end of the night. How she would feel being married. Then later on in life they would be conceiving children. That thought scared her, terrified her. Bringing a child into their world? There was a knock against the door where she was removed from her daze. "Who is it?"

The door cracked open slightly revealing her older brother Kale

The door cracked open slightly revealing her older brother Kale. His eyes moved from the floor to his younger sister. His smile grew larger and his eyes twinkled with a sense of love and sadness. "You look stunning. Oh Katniss, dad would've been so proud of you."

"You think so? I think about him all the time. I just wish he could've been here on my special day," she mumbled softly, playing with her diamond ring. "If only I met Peeta a few years ago and gotten married dad could've been here and witnessed it."

"He's going to witness it today too Katniss. He's just not here physically, but I do know he's watching down from heaven. He would want you to be happy, and he definitely knows how beautiful you are!" Kale drew his sister in a hug, he hated seeing her like this. She was always a daddy's girl, the one closest with their father. His death also hit her the hardest, yet she couldn't show it. Katniss clung on to her brother. They pulled away, Kale placing a gift in her hand. "It's from Peeta."

"Oh here's his!" she exclaimed, handing him the box with a ribbon along it. She was like a giddy little kid on Christmas day when she ripped open the wrapping. Inside of the box was a note. She knew it was Peeta's writing along with his xoxo's all over the page.

Dear Mrs. Soon to be Mellark,

Katniss Mellark has a nice ring to it! I cannot wait until I get to marry you, only a few more hours baby. Being married to you is going to be so fun, I mean we can have pillow fights every night before bed! I fell in love with you the moment I met you, not just with your looks but by the way you carried yourself. Later on when I met you, I knew I was a goner. You are perfect, how did I get so lucky? You are going to be the best wife ever. So excited to see how stunning you look. You are going to blow my mind. You deserve all the happiness and so much more. I love you.
xoxo, Peeta Mellark
aka soon to be hubby ;)

Katniss giggled, pulling out lingerie and a small diamond necklace. She put the necklace around her neck, letting it fall gently on her chest. She was in awe. Peeta sat on a table, his foot propped up in a chair. His eyes were scanning every email and text he had received. One had caught his eye. He immediately called Finnick. His jaw clenched as it rang. "Finnick, add more security and all of them have to be skilled. We are not having any threats, Katniss deserves this day, heck I deserve this day. No one is ruining this."

"Got it boss. So far everything is cleared, weapons are loaded just in case. Did you find those hidden weapons Cinna added in your tux?" he asked, raising his eyebrows as his eyes glanced around. Ben and Jared were standing at the door, lists of the guests in their hands. Ben and Jared were twins, both having dark brown hair and hazel eyes. They were tough, they reminded Peeta of himself except he was much stricter and had more experience. If he was honest, he was the best anyone knew that.

"Yeah I found them. Any suspicious behavior, give me the signal. I'm not afraid but who ever tries anything should be afraid." He was firm with what he said. His eyes darted to the door opening. It was just Kale and Peeta's brothers. They had bonded over the small period of time, yet Kale and the rest of Katniss' family had no clue what Peeta's actual business was. One of these days they might be able to know, but today was definitely not the day.

"Affirmative. On a fun note, you'll be a married man after today! Are you excited? I'm excited for you! Katniss is going to take you away from me, awh man. I guess I can share," Finnick replied with a sense of humor. Peeta chuckled, shaking his head.

"Yes, I love Katniss. No one could ever replace you Finny," Peeta teased, his laughing increased.

"That's right. Peace out homie, see ya soon. By the way not to panic you but your grandma just entered and she's speaking in another language. She was only in France for a few years and already picked up on the language, I love that woman. She never fails to amaze me, ope here she comes gotta blast." His grandma was always traveling around the world and each place she would go to she'd learn the language. Peeta was surprised she flew in to see his wedding, but of course she wouldn't miss his big day. Peeta turned to his brothers and Kale, all of them were soon in a group hug. They all chatted amongst themselves, the day was full of a happy atmosphere.

"Hey man, take care of my sis alright?" Kale stated, his eyebrows furrowing slightly to Peeta. Peeta smirked, his eyes were a bright blue.

"Of course. She deserves everything in the world, everything she could ever want and I intend on giving her anything," Just then Peeta's father strolled in. "Hey dad."

"Son, you make me so proud each and every day. But today you make me the proudest by following your heart and getting married to the love of your life." He brought his son into a hug, squeezing him oh so tight. His mother soon came in too, hanging on to him and crying. She was crying about how handsome her son was, how excited she was for him and Katniss, how beautiful Katniss looked, how sorry she was about treating him awful during his childhood, and how they should come around more often. Peeta chuckled, kissing his mothers cheek before rushing out to the altar. He had a bride to marry.

Katniss walked down the aisle alone, it was her choice. First Jasmine and Blake walked down the aisle, everyone loved them. Rye and Gracelyn walked, her belly was slightly visible. Primrose went down the aisle, a smile so bright. She couldn't hide how excited she was for her sister to be married especially to Peeta. The flower girls were Lillian and Paisley, both of them giggling as they threw the flower petals down. Everyone stood to witness Katniss walking down the aisle. She was the most beautiful bride. Peeta couldn't even express words for how jaw dropping she looked. Tears filled his eyes as he began to cry like a big baby. She would be his wife forever and he didn't mind it. She looked so stunning and brilliant. She giggled, and Peeta could only imagine how her laugh sounded. It was music to his ears. Her beauty caught everyone's attention as they awed and oohed. The ceremony was quick, just as Peeta and Katniss wanted it.

"You may now kiss the bride." Peeta dipped Katniss, her giggles filling the atmosphere. Their lips connected with so much love and passion mixed into one kiss. Applauses interrupted them as they began to pull apart. Peeta picked her up effortlessly, carrying her like a trophy. This was the beginning of a very good night.

+ + +
this is part one of the wedding!
hope you enjoyed it so far :)
happy fourth of july!

thank you all
i love ya
bye tributes
-xoxo