c h a p t e r 3 1

third

"Hey babe," her voice echoed in his ear

"Hey babe," her voice echoed in his ear. He was packing up his bag and belongings from work. Katniss was cleaning their new home, tidying it up for the company they were intending to invite over. "What time are you heading home?"

"I'll be home in about thirty minutes or so, who's all coming over?" he asked, tossing his crumbled papers into the trash can and shoving a file into his drawer.

"Your family and my family. Along with Finnick and his family, Cinna and his family, Marvel and his family, Cato and his new girlfriend. I think that's all who's coming," she replied, scrolling through her list of guests. They were throwing a house welcoming party, something they were so excited for. She stirred the sloppy jos, her head and shoulder holding tight to her phone.

"I can't wait to be home with you and then our whole family after awhile, maybe we have time to do some other things before they come," Peeta smirked, throwing his feet and crossing his legs on top of his desk. He leaned back in his chair, the smile still stuck on his face.

"You're naughty Mr.Mellark," she mumbled seductively, biting her lip softly. Her movements slowed down as she waited for her husbands response. She knew it drove him crazy when she said his name like that.

"Gosh you're so hot, you know how much that turns me on." He heard a giggle from Katniss on the other line. Before he could finish his sentence, the door burst open with Finnick Odair. He smirked at his boss who hurriedly hit the button so his phone was no longer on speaker. "Listen baby, I'll be home soon. I love you."

"Be careful. I love you too," she hung up, turning the radio back up once again and dancing around while she cooked.

"Hate to interrupt your daily naughty talks with Katniss," Finnick stated, the smug smile across his face. Peeta rolled his eyes, immediately standing up as he saw Finnick's facial expression switch from the smirk he no longer wore. "Hawthorne attacked our shipment yesterday, the one full of money from the drug situation we busted."

"Shoot, you've got to be joking right now." Peeta glanced down at his desk, rubbing his temples. He looked back up towards Finnick, his eyebrows raised. "Is there anything left?"

"A little over two thirds is left. We fought them back and they finally left," he replied. Peeta opened his mouth to ask something but Finnick had beat him to it. "All of the men are safe, two men have wounds, but they're in the infirmary and getting patched up. Zeke and Mike were the ones who got hit."

"I'll check on them before I leave. I'll figure out a plan tonight of how to strike back," Peeta's jaw clenched as he paced back and forth. He couldn't just let Gale win this one, he had to destroy all of Gale's work. He snatched his stuff, walking past Finnick. "You're still coming to my house tonight, the welcome party is still on. Inform Cato and Marvel."

"On it boss, see you tonight." Peeta pushed the button of the elevator, locking eyes with Finnick. Before the doors shut, he smirked along with a wink. "Have fun with your wife, make some everlark babies!"

Katniss danced around the kitchen while she cooked, waiting for her husband to come home. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and she wore her husband's large t-shirt that looked like a dress on her. She had always missed him and wearing his shirts seemed to help her cope with him being away from home. Especially when he worked late or traveled away for the mafia. She understood though, and she was fine with it as long as he came home in one piece, safe and sound. She placed the meal she was cooking into the oven and skipped up the stairs. She twisted the bathtub knobs, letting the steaming water fill up. She threw off the shirt she wore, sinking down into the tub.

She began to read a tale of two young lovers running off with one another, sealing their love with marriage and traveling the world. After they had traveled, they settled down and conflicts raised all along. One of the conflicts was their parents finding out about the two of them and storming into their home. They of course overcame that. Towards the end of the book they were finally blessed with children. Katniss had just passed the part where they had discovered they were bearing a child. Katniss yearned for the moments she could spend talking with her children. She wanted to teach them everything she knew, and she also couldn't wait to have mini Peeta's and Katniss' running around. She dreamed of what they would look like, whose features they would inherit. She heard a sudden beep from the oven causing her to toss her book down and drain the bathtub water. She climbed out of the bathtub, throwing on her husband's shirt once again and scrambling down the stairs. She took her cooked meal out of the oven just as the sound of the garage door was shutting. "Mrs.Mellark!"

"Welcome home Mr.Mellark," she greeted, turning on her heel. She leaned her back against the counter, biting her lip as she watched her husband come in from the large mud room. He walked over with a slight smirk, dropping his things by the counter. His hands wrapped around her small little waist, bringing her even closer to him. He was inches away from her plump lips as he spoke to her.

"Coming home and seeing you with a smile on your face while you're in my t-shirt and you have a messy bun in your hair, is so worth going to work," he whispered, his lips trailing against her forehead. He connected their lips together finally, the love filled within their lips.

"Speaking of work, how was it today?" she asked, breaking the kiss to check on her desserts. He sighed, following behind her like a lost puppy.

"Seen better days," he replied. He was now right behind her, his hands hugging around her. He rested his chin upon her shoulder, and they swayed like that to the faint music playing in the background. "I don't want to talk about work at the moment though, I just want you."

+ + +
idk why but wattpad kept deleting my chapters so :))) love that lol jk
sorry i haven't updated anything since like forever, my life has been super busy

thank you all so much
i love y'all
bye tributes
-xoxo