c h a p t e r 2 2

third

"I don't really understand why I have to wear this training outfit," Katniss stated rolling her eyes as Cinna took her measurements

"I don't really understand why I have to wear this training outfit," Katniss stated rolling her eyes as Cinna took her measurements. She shifted uncomfortably, she wasn't used to this. Cinna chuckled, scribbling down the last measurement.

"You want to train all the time right?" she nodded as he questioned her. "Then you wear this every time you train."

He fixed the material to her actual measurements, suiting her into it. She placed her arms into the suit, letting him zip her up. "Cinna, why am I getting ready? I'm just going to shoot in front of Peeta."

"You're in for a handful," Cinna joked making them both giggle as he walked her down to the arena. In front of the glass windows stood all of Peeta's men, including Peeta. Immediately their eyes were glued on her. Her palms began to sweat little droplets. Her hair was fixed in a neat side braid along with her makeup. It was simple and light, but captured the eyes of many. She stepped in front of Peeta, his face was hard. He wasn't eager for her to go into the training. In fact he only glimpsed at her. She snatched up a bow, fit perfectly for her along with a stealth of arrows. She swung them around her back, plodding towards the door.

"Select Beginnings, the easy mode," he stated firmly to Cato who was manning the control settings. Katniss snapped her head around, the stubbornness raising in her.

"No, put it on the hardest mode you have," she demanded, whipping back around in front of the doors. Everyone began to laugh and hit Peeta. She was hardheaded, and she knew what she was capable of. The doors slid open and she stepped in. The area was colored midnight blue outlines in a neon blue. There were different levels in the area. There was a platform in the middle, set for her to stand on and shoot she guessed. Peeta's voice beamed and announced, "Stand on the platform and it'll start."

He wasn't the happiest when it came to this idea. He didn't want her getting hurt, and his training program was hard. Katniss smirked, stepping one foot after the other on to the platform. The lights had toned down and all you could hear was her breath. The lasers lit up one by one. Peeta's heart pounded as she stood there, not preparing herself or anything. She didn't even have her bow aimed and ready. He didn't let his panic display on his face though. She stood still, waiting and listening for any movement. The first hologram came running at her on her left, which she shot easily. The pixels fell to the ground just in time for the second hologram to charge at her from above her. Each hologram that came after her, she shot down. She never missed, like she promised. The pace had quickened, one from her left side came at her, shooting it down and she spun around, a arrow barely missing her. She shot that one down too. One emerged out of the other one, hurling the spear at her. She swiftly rolled towards him, popping up to shoot him. On the other side of her was another. She of course twirled on her knee, shooting it down.

Once the pixels fell to the floor, she stood as the lights shined back on. She brushed her bangs back that had fallen from her braid. She glanced up, taking in everyone's faces. Everyone was astonished and masterminds, Wiress and Beetee who were clapping. She shot them a small smile, the doors to the room opening. Peeta's eyes stayed on her the entire time, he was amazed. Yet she was angry at him. Angry for him underestimating her. "I have never seen anyone shoot like that before, you are a legend."

"Thank you Finn," she said, giggling a bit.  Everyone quickly agreed with him, introducing themselves to her.

"Katniss," Peeta's voice was heard from behind her. She turned slightly to look at him. "Can I speak with you?"

"No, absolutely not. I will see you at the penthouse though," she stated, putting the weapon away. Peeta ran after her, still sore from his injury so he wasn't too quick. He was never used to anyone telling him no.

"Katniss, wait," he called. She held up her hand, continuing to walk away. She made sure to strut her stuff and sway her hips from side to side. Peeta groaned, throwing his head in his hands. He ran back over to where he was seated, fetching his jacket and keys. Everyone glanced at him confusing.

"Where are you going boss?" Finnick inquired, concerned as why he was in a hurry. Peeta didn't rush for anyone, he always told them he was the main attraction and they wouldn't start anything without him.

"I have to go fix this, ya know. I'm bad with women, but Katniss, she's my girl. I have to go get her and make things right," he explained. He remembered right before he was out the door. "Finnick, you're in charge! Everyone can go home early I don't care, go home to your families."

Peeta drove as fast as he could without breaking the law. He had to slam against his breaks as the light changed suddenly. He muttered underneath his breath, hitting the steering wheel with his fist. Katniss wasn't helpless, he knew that. He wanted her to be safe at all times which is why he didn't want her to go through this training. If any other mafia found out about his soon to be wives ability, she would be the biggest target. Katniss strolled through the penthouse doors, taking her time going to the elevator. She was fuming with angry, but a little thought in the back of her mind told her she was overreacting. She pushed the buttons, heading up into Peeta's suite. As soon as she reached the floor, she kicked off her shoes, unzipping her training attire and walking into their bedroom. She threw on a silk dress along with her slippers and robe. She was not going to be talking to Peeta for awhile, until he apologized. She brought herself into the kitchen, turning the faucet on and washing the dishes carefully. Peeta flew through the front door of the complex, scurrying into the elevator. He pushed the few buttons, huffing out a few breaths. He closed his eyes attempting to find words to say. The elevator dinged as he tiptoed out of it. He saw her beautiful self standing in front of the sink, humming as her hands cleaned the dishes.

Peeta snuck up behind her, wrapping his muscular arms around her small waist. He began to kiss her shoulder, buying him some time to think. "Katniss, I'm sorry. I am incredibly sorry. I just wanted to protect you, if anyone found out how good you were, gosh I don't even wanna think about what might happen. I can't lose you, you're all I have."

"Peeta, I love you. Just don't underestimate me, I can easily take care of myself. You will not lose me, not on my watch and definitely not on your watch," she stated, her voice was small and forgiving. Peeta loved it when she told him she loved him. He moved his lips against her ear.

"And I love you," his voice was alluring and keen. His lips barely left her as they traveled to her neck. He nibbled softly causing her to whimper underneath his touch. His lips were soft and like glue, never leaving her skin. When he said those three letter words, her heart fluttered. When he was kissing her, she was weak to his touch. He made her feel amazing. "When you train you will train with me personally. Nobody else is allowed with you."

"Okay, of course," she whispered. She turned herself around, still in his grasp and cupped his cheeks with her small hands. She smiled a bright smile before leaning in and connecting their lips.

+ + +
comment how y'all feel :)
thank you all so
bye tributes
-xoxo