wild west - the vampire diaries | available

TITLE | Wild WestFACE CLAIM | Evan Rachel WoodsOC NAME | Minerva "Minnie" MorganSEASON(S) | AU, Pre-Vampire DiariesLOVE INTEREST | Damon SalvatoreSUMMARY |

TITLE | Wild West
FACE CLAIM | Evan Rachel Woods
OC NAME | Minerva "Minnie" Morgan
SEASON(S) | AU, Pre-Vampire Diaries
LOVE INTEREST | Damon Salvatore
SUMMARY |

❝We got lawmen in three different states after us. They chased us from the west, they chased us over the mountains. When the time comes, you gotta run and don't look back.❞

The frontier was a dangerous place for folk, with few that knew how turbulent that part of the world was. Minerva Morgan knew how harsh it was, for she had been born and raised there.

By the age of three she knew how to ride a horse, and by five she knew how to shoot a gun. By the age of fifteen, she was a member of a gang of outlaws who stole and killed for survival. By the age of twenty-three, she became a wanted woman.

To survive, Minerva and her gang must steal and kill. It's how she met that one love people write so much about, in a robbery gone wrong.

OTHER |

• Minerva has a twin brother named Arthur (played by Tom Hardy), whom she cares much about. They have been through much together, so they care more for each other than the members of their gang, even though they care for them too.
• The gang is a family of non-related folks of different backgrounds, and they all get along well.
• Minerva meets Damon one night when she is going to rob him. Damon is only about thirty years as a vampire (story is set in 1898), so he is quite used to used to how this new life works for him. He could kill her in an instant, but he is in awe of the woman who holds a pistol to his forehead.
• She poses as a whore, which is how she meets him. He drunk, so it's an easy robbery. But when he's not as drunk as she though, she almost kills him. The man stares at her with awe, and calls her beautiful in a half-drunken slur. She takes pity on him, because he appears like a decent man. So, she kisses him and tells him what a gentleman he's been, but robs him and leaves.
• Damon wakes up with every bit of money he's had missing, including a silver watch and his ring. He curses himself for getting so drunk that a woman stole from him. So, he spends the following nights in a house in the outskirts of town, having had compelled the owners to let him stay. During the nights he feeds on ranch workers, but leaves them alive. This is a different Damon from TVD, one that still mourns his human life.
• He meets Minerva again when she sneaks into the house to steal valuables with two others from her gang. As soon as he sees her, he runs after her. Obviously, he uses his Vampire speed, so that surprises the heck out of her. He doesn't care, because he only wants his ring back.
• Minerva doesn't have the ring. She sold it the morning after stealing it, for a few hundred dollars since the ring was pure silver and lazuli. So, bad boy!Damon is like, "so let's steal it back."
• They meet at night in the vendors store, sneak in, and find that the ring was already sold again. Minerva, ever the thief, steals a few valuables to sell at another town, while Damon stares at her disapprovingly. She calls him a hypocrite, since he also broke in to the store to steal his ring back. And he's like "because you stole it first!" And Minerva rolls her eyes because he is whining so much about a ring.
• As they ride back towards her gang's hideout, Damon reveals that the ring is a family heirloom, the last bit of thing he has of his family. Minerva becomes quiet, then stops her horse. She apologises, which is something big for her, and reveals that she knows what the ring mis mean to him. She tells him that she and her brother had to sell their mother's necklace so they could survive, the last reminder that they had been born from a woman and not from the earth.
• Minerva's mother died when from tuberculosis when she was ten, her father following a few months later. When she and Arthur were twelve they met Hosea Pearson, who took them in and cared for them as if they were his own children. They thought of him as a father, later joining his gang of outlaws.
• The Pearson Gang was agang of criminals and outlaws who chose to reject the government and live to their own accords. As time goes, they gain a price to their heads that grows constantly, and so does their struggle to remain free.
• Minerva is not the only woman in the gang. There are many more, and they all share chores and jobs with the men. Each woman has a story of how and why they joined the Pearson gang, a few of them sad and a few of them because they wanted the fame.
• At some point, after Damon is accepted into the gang by Hosea, she reveals to Damon that she has thought about leaving the gang for an ordinary life, but this was the only life she knew. This was ordinary for her. She didn't know anything else.
• Arthur Morgan treats Damon with distaste in the beginning, but warms up to him as time goes. They get closer when they rob a small-town bank together and are chased by law for a few hours. Arthur is like, "you're not so bad, Mr. Salvatore." And Damon is all like, "same to you, Mr. Morgan." After some silence, Arthur is like "just call me Arthur. After all, I think you and my sister might be in it for the long run." And Damon is all flustered because he doesn't like Minerva but at the same time he feels so close to her to the point where she makes him feel human and mortal and as if time was not a problem.
• When they return, Minerva and Damon ride out to a hill to spend some time alone for themselves. This is where they sleep together, both of them professing that they indeed like each other in a more then friendly manner. After they sleep together, Damon keeps her close, and she reveals that she stole his ring back. She puts in on his finger and Damon is all giddy, all fired up because of the sex and the woman that was laid next to him, and he mumbles our, "if only I'd steal one for you, too, Miss Morgan." And Minerva is all suave and is like "oh, and what for, Mr. Salvatore?" So, cocky!Damon smirks and kisses her, then whispers against her lips, "so that I could call you Mrs. Salvatore instead." So, they ave sex again.
• They wake up in the morning, with loud whistling and hooting from the gang, especially Hosea. He teases that he never thought Minerva would find a man worthy of her, and Arthur is just like "I could just vomit."
• The gang moves around quite a lot, especially after a night of drinking and fighting at whatever local saloon they get in. Even Damon gets a bounty on his head, which is how Stefan Salvatore finds out his brother is fine.
• Stefan finds his brother in the middle of town, right in the saloon (remember that they travel a lot so it takes Stefan weeks to find his brother at another town). The last they had seen each other was in the early 70s, where Stefan was still on a blood bender and wanted nothing but blood. Damon left him, not wanting to be killed with his brother. But the Stefan that stood before him was a Stefan with humanity, a boy who wanted to atone for what he had done. It was the boy he had seen get shot, the boy he had spent playing in their years with, the boy who he comforted when their mother died.
• They get well, at first. Damon even introduces him to Minerva, as the woman he loves. Stefan is in shock, because she is a wanted criminal. Damon is like, "so am I?" This is where Stefan mentions Katherine, so Minerva is confused because he never mentioned this woman before. It's Stefan who reveals that Damon would have died for Katherine, and Minerva is like "she's the past. Everyone has a past that they don't want to talk about." Damon's like "this is the woman I want to marry" and Stefan's like "honestly, she's amazing. Good job, bro."
• Stefan is on a strict animal diet, so he tends to wander off when he feeds. Minerva finds this strange, thinking that he could be feeding information about their whereabouts to the law, so she follows him. She sees Damon feeding on a deer, so she shoots him several times bc who the hell feeds on the blood of an animal? This is where Damon explains to her what he is. She is spooked, but she had seen worse so it's like "meh."
• The Pearson gang has a deadly rivalry with the Adler gang, another gang of outlaws. It's so deadly that even when they see each other (the colours of their handkerchiefs [the Adler's have a green and white handkerchief] tells which gang they belong to) they will start to shoot. Shoot first, ask questions later.
• The Adler gang raid one of the Pearson's hideout, killing a large majority of the gang, including Arthur Morgan. Damon pulls Minerva to their horses, but she wants to stay back and fight, screaming her brothers name. He looks at her, and that's when he's shot several times in the chest. Minerva screams her lungs out at the sight of her brother falling to his knees, his shirt covered in red and blood falling from his mouth. He smiles at her as he falls back, a last goodbye.
• After that event, Minerva is not okay. She is distant and quiet, angry. Her brother, a person she had been with all her life, is dead because she called his name. She blames herself over and over again for Arthur's death. The only thing she has left of him is his horse, a grey mare he named Silver Bullet*.
• There are two possible endings:
A. Stefan accidentally feeds on Minerva, killing her in the process. It's the reason why he and Damon don't see each other until 1912, for the funeral of their half-nephew Zachariah. It's why Damon has become harsher, why he has no desire to rekindle his relationship with Stefan, why he made Stefan drink human blood and return to the ripper life style.
B. Minerva goes after the Adler gang in the middle of the night, while everyone else is sleeping. Damon wakes up when he feels the coldness of the air, when he hears the galloping of horses. He immediately gets up and starts to chase her on his horse, even tho she is like really far from him. He arrives at the Adler camp just as she gets shot several times in the chest, just like her brother had been killed. He hurried and tries to save her, feeding her his blood, but Minerva's wounds are far too gone for the blood to heal her. She does in his arms. Furious and in despair at this, Damon kills the whole Adler gang in a gruesome scene. He brings Minerva's body back to gangs hideout, where they have a funeral for her.
• Many years later, in present time Mystic Falls, Damon goes through his old things because he is moving from the boarding house to a house he bought for himself and Elena. He finds an old photograph of the woman he loved in the west and himself, then a photograph of the whole Pearson gang.