Chapter 58: Vocal cords

RAISE A GLASS TO THIS GODDESS, ACTUALLY RAISE A WHOLE FUCKING BOTTLE TO THIS GODDESS!

*OKAY SO THIS IS THE CONCERT REHEARSING CHAPTER, AGAIN THE SONGS ARE NOT ORIGINAL IN FACT MOST OF THEM ARE FAMOUS, I TRIED TO FIND SONGS THAT FITTED THESE TWO'S LOVE STORY NO HATE I AIN'T A SONGWRITER Y'ALL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION AND ENJOY*

Days rolled by, Flaca started studying hard so that she would pass her exam and get her masters, become a Sabom and have a promising job ready for her for when she's out, Maritza tried hard to not let Flaca's cuteness get to her but sometimes it was hard. Mac stayed with them whenever Flaca was using internet for her thesis and Caputo came to visit a lot to make sure the tall girl had everything she needed and that she was studying,

for you it might seem like he was doing this to get that interview from them which would be a great advertisement for Litchfield and he was but he also wanted to help, not just for his sake, seeing prisoners be released and ending up in there again simply cause they had no job to maintain their family was really upsetting for  him.

"you doing ok Gonzales?"

Caputo asked after he watched her work for a minute behind the closed door and after gently knocked

"yes, sir"

Flaca said not making eye contact as she was busy writing down short notes on a piece of paper. Her black nerdy glasses slowly sliding off her nose as she continued writing, pushing it back to it's place and immediately going back to writing after.

"wow, you're concentrated"

Caputo says as he looked at the tall Latina in astonishment who didn't answer him, and then looked over to Maritza who was sitting on the bunk her back resting against the wall with one big grin on her face looking over at Flaca

"what happened?"

Caputo asked looking at the smirking Maritza, he came to visit Flaca before and he saw how difficult it was for her to concentrate, one second she could tell you all the human bones and their functions and the next second she doesn't know what topic she's studying.

"ah just a slight change, sir. you know to motivate her"

Maritza smirk's gets bigger as the words left her lips

"what is this system you have?"

Caputo asks curiously

"5 minute break after every 10 pages, meaning a 5 minute make out session"

Maritza explains glancing over to Flaca who had a wide grin spread across her face.

"I'm at page 44"

Flaca announced

"6 more pages mami"

Maritza remarks winking at her girlfriend, Flaca simply bites her lower lip and rolls her eyes as she goes back to work.

"uhm, sir I'm gonna need a pack of gum for her and I'm allowed to see the paper right? oh and I also need music, real latest hit music"

Maritza starts talking to Caputo

"yes you are allowed obviously you can't give her the same answers but you can take down some notes to see where you need to make an emphasis or some shit"

Caputo explains

"why do you need the gum and music?"

"the gum helps her to relax, it reduces stress for when she's taking the exam and studies show that of you chew a- let's say strawberry gum while studying then another one while taking  the test it will help you to remember what you studied. it works, sir. And music reduces stress and anxiety, which she gets a lot when taking a test, music is her escape so she will need music to keep herself calm"