Chapter 23: You blind?

"LADIES, COUNT TIME"
A harsh voice was heard echoing through the corridor of the Spanish Harlem which made Maritza wake up  all at once, Flaca was already up and when she saw the small Latina's eyes shot open she quickly pulled her into her strong embrace for a few seconds.

"We have to go in Gloria's cube after okay? You slept okay?"
Flaca asks.

"Yes and yes"
Maritza replies as she gave her a weak, sleepy smile which Flaca found adorable.

"What time is it?"
She went on to ask.

"I have no idea because someone decided to trade our clock for some damn candy"
Flaca refreshes her memory not mad at all, how the fuck could she get mad at that girl?

"But baby, I was on my period"
Maritza tells her while looking at her with puppy eyes and tilting her head to the side.

"LADIES OUT OF YOUR BUNK. AND NO LESBIAN FUCKING ACTIVITY"
One of the CO told them while pressing the button to mark two other inmates.

"She's straight puto"
Flaca murmurs underneath her breath as they both get up and stand in front of their cube each on one side as their bunk got inspected by another CO, Humphrey.

They could hear him throwing things on the floor on purpose, making a mess of their cube so they'll have to clean it up.

"Morning by the way"
Flaca mouthed towards the small Latina who wasn't that scared knowing that Flaca was by her side.

"Morning to you too"
Maritza mouthed back to Flaca while giving her a shy smile and biting her lower lip.

"You look so fucking beautiful, like-"
Flaca mouthed and then dramatically put a hand on her chest and closed her eyes looking up as if it hurt to look at all that beauty.

Maritza lets out a low giggle as her face turned beet red. It was hard for her to believe that she was actually beautiful, because of Lisa. That bitch made her feel as if she was worthless, told her she'll never be enough for anyone until the words got stuck in Maritza's head and she couldn't get them out till this day.

She can still hear Lisa saying such things. Her voice is just stuck in her head, haunting her. Telling her she doesn't deserve to be happy. But not when she was with Flaca, when she was with her all the voices in her head would just go mute. And even if she didn't believe that the tall Latina actually found her beautiful (which mind you, she really did) it felt good to hear it. Especially if it was coming from her.

As Humps was ready from 'inspecting' their cube he stood in front of the entrance facing the inside of the cube with a proud smile on his face and his hands on his sides.

Flaca can't help but roll her eyes to the back of her head in annoyance.

"WHAT WAS THAT INMATE?!"
He shouts as he gets a glimpse of Flaca rolling her eyes.

"That was a fuckin eye roll, dumbass. What? You blind or somethin?"
Flaca says with no hesitation to be seen in her voice. The whole Spanish Harlem was filled with hysterical laughs.

Maritza let out a low giggle quickly covering her mouth with her hand to stop herslef from laughing. But he heard her.

He took a step closer to her, pointed right in her face and was about to say something but was cut off by Flaca.

"I seriously wouldn't do that, especially when I'm around."
Flaca says also  taking a step foward, only a few inches divided them now.

"So I'm gonna say this once and you better listen carefully ok?"
She says as she looks at his hand which was still pointing towards
Maritza but his eyes were glued to Flaca and he looked kinda scared but was tryin to hide it ya know?

with her husky voice which made Maritza bite her lower lip and just stare at Flaca's plump lips admiring every move they made as she spoke, she continued

"Move that fucking finger away from my girl's beautiful face"
Flaca slowly says looking at him dead in the eye.

He looks back at Maritza his mouth still open and slowly puts his hand down while narrowing his eyes at her as she a huge grin was formed on her face.

"Yeah, that's what I thought"
Flaca says gently grabbing the girl's hand and pulling her closer to her.

"You ready, princess?"
Flaca asks with a much softer yet still husky voice.

"Yeah, I'm ready"
Maritza replies as she gets on her tiptoes and leaves a kiss on her cheek which lead to a red-faced Flaca.

"And I think you look really fucking beautiful too"
She says in almost a whisper gazing into her brown orbs while intertwining her fingers with Flaca's.

They both made their way to Gloria's cube as they wanted, well Flaca wanted to know if anything else happened because of the whole Ruiz thing.

PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK❤🙌
Don't forget to vote boo🙈