Chapter 7: You're priceless

END OF FLASHBACK _ BACK TO PRISON (NIGHT-TIME)

"and now that he's gone his brother is here and he's just the same as him. Juliana is living with my aunt till I can get out of here find a trustworthy partner and a stable job and get my baby back. Her father is maintaining her financially, but he's useless"

"so, that's my story. My real story"

Maritza says with nervousness laced in her voice. None of the inmates knew what had really happened to her, well besides Flaca now.

She kept looking at her hands while fidgeting with Flaca's shirt still straddling her afraid to look up to see Flaca's reaction to her story.

Flaca on the other hand was shocked. She had no idea of what to say to her, this is horrible she thought to herself. How could anyone bring him or herself to harm her? she's fucking everything.

Her mouth dropped from the minute Maritza told her she had a sister and it did not move an inch till now. A tear ran down Flaca's cheek as she could feel the pain her best friend and well, crush was going through. She grabbed tighter on her sides to grab her attention.

Maritza looks up at her with her eyes welling with tears full of pain and sadness.

"and now he came here and told me to watch my back, and yours too. How the fuck am I supposed to do that? how can I keep you safe? I mean I can go and will go crazy if anyone lays a hand on you. But him ? I - I can't even look him in the eyes."

She says with her voice breaking knowing that she can't keep the girl that means everything to her safe.

"oh my god baby no. Don't worry about me ok? I can protect myself"

Flaca stutters not knowing the right thing to say to make her feel better as another tear rolls down her cheek.

Maritza releases a breath she had no idea she had been holding this whole time, she gives her a weak smile and snakes her hands around Flaca's waist while resting her head on Flaca's chest. A comfortable silence surrounded them as they held on to each other as if their life depended on it.

After a few minutes Flaca breaks the silence still confused of how could someone do such thing to such a beautiful, fucking adorable human.

"I don't get it, how could he do that? how could your mother..."

"she's not my mother, she's Lisa"

Maritza cuts her off with no emotion at all in her voice.

"how could Lisa just, sell you to some stupid horny guys? how the fuck does she live knowing you are in here because of her, I mean I-I just don't get it"

Flaca says confused but has anger visible in her tone.

Maritza scoffs as she buries her face deeper in Flaca's chest.

"god you're adorable when you get mad like that"

Maritza says as she lifts her head up and meets Flaca's eyes for a moment, then resting her head once more on her best friend's chest.

Flaca could feel her cheeks turning red. She was blushing at the compliment Maritza had given her.

"look babe, I can't go back. It's done. I got raped 4 times, I got abused in every possible way, I have a daughter from a fucked up man. Lisa sold me for 8,000 dollars and I'm in here because of her, because of that bitch. But I met you, and all that shit I went through it just made me stronger, I would have never met you if it wasn't for her. That's the only positive thing I have from this whole fucked up thing I went through."

Maritza says now gazing into Flaca's eyes, her voice shaking with every word she said.

"I guess I have a price, eight stupid thousand dollars."

she mumbles looking away from Flaca.

"you cost eight thousand dollars for some stupid people who don't know you like I do"

Flaca stops to take a breath as she's afraid she's gonna fuck up. Maritza looks up curious about what she's gonna say but Flaca stares at her empty bunk. She didn't want to make eye contact cause she knew she would get all nervous and shit. She continued

"who don't see you like I do, they can't see shit Mari. They don't see how beautiful you are apart from your physical appearance, they don't see the beauty that lies under that beautiful body you got. But I do. I see it, I see all of that... and no, 8 stupid thousand dollars is not your price baby. you're... you're priceless"

she could have gone on and on about how beautiful her Mari was but she was afraid she would get too personal.

"how the fuck could anyone bring themselves to hurt a beautiful creature like you, I mean I get it. You're hot but use you? sell you? the fuck is up with that?"

Flaca continues as a tear makes it's way down her face once more and her voice breaks. Immediately regretting calling Maritza hot, what if she thought I was fucking with her? what if she got offended? Flaca thought to herself. She started getting tense. She gulped and closed her eyes hoping that Maritza didn't hear that part.

Maritza put her hands on Flaca's shoulder and looked at her as if she

had just saw an angel.

Flaca opened her eyes to find Maritza's warm eyes staring right at her.

Maritza arched one of her eyebrows and a seductive yet innocent grin formed on her face.

She placed a kiss on Flaca's burning red cheeks which she thought were so damn cute.

"you think I'm hot huh?"

She said while getting closer to Flaca's face.

How is it possible that a tiny human like her could make a half giant feel all those butterflies?

"oh, shut up!"

Flaca says not knowing what to do as her cheeks turned rosy.

Maritza let out a silent giggle.

"damn you made me smile"

She says her face turning into a confused yet happy face.

"I have my ways"

Flaca tells her doing the same thing she did before, she got close to her, noses almost touching and gazed at her with her warm brown eyes. She couldn't help it, after a few seconds her eyes went to her lips. she wanted to kiss her so bad. She got so lost into her thoughts that she didn't notice how tense Maritza's body had gotten and how her cheeks had turned red.

 She got so lost into her thoughts that she didn't notice how tense Maritza's body had gotten and how her cheeks had turned red

don't be a silent reader <3