Chapter 4: If I lose you, I'll go crazy

Maritza's tears have fought their way to the surface by now and has her face buried into Flaca's neck trying to bury the soft but passionate sobbing as her small body frame hesitated with every single sob.

"hey, hey stop look at me"

Flaca says with her eyes starting to well as she couldn't bear seeing her best friend sad. She pulls Maritza away from her and cups her cheeks while gazing into her warm hazel eyes, all she could see in them was fear.

Maritza straightens up still straddling her best friend, Flaca gently dries her face from the tears and softly caresses her face with her thumb gently brushing against her sharp jawline.

"promise me that if I tell you, you won't leave me"

She says with a clear voice but laced in fear.

"cause if I lose you I'll go crazy..."

She stops and takes a deep breath while gazing into the taller Latina's eyes.

"I need you, god I need you so bad right now"

She buries her face into Flaca's neck once more.

"it's okay, hey I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, I promise you. Why would I ever leave you baby?"

Flaca asks with confusion and curiosity laced in her voice.

"cause... I lied to you Flaca, I lied to everyone actually and I'm so sorry I know it's stupid and I know I should have never lied to any of you ESPECIALLY you and..."

She says in a panicking voice but was interrupted when Flaca grabbed her face and pulled it closer to hers gazing into her eyes for a moment and then crashing her lips on her tiny forehead.

That simple act that Flaca did, made Maritza let out a low sob and melted her heart.

"I'm sure you have a valid reason baby. I trust you, you know that. Just tell me what's going on ok? just cause you lied to me doesn't mean I'm going to walk away from this beautiful friendship that we got, besides it's not like I'm not hiding anything from you either..."

Flaca says as she regrets the last part, she breaks the eye contact when she sees Maritza's eyebrows both rising in surprise of what she had just heard.

"no biggies, just a few things you know, wouldn't make a difference if you knew or not...so"

Flaca says while fidgeting with Maritza's shirt scared to make eye contact with her.

Maritza cups Flaca's face in her hands and lifts her head up to face her, she looks into her chocolate brown eyes which make Flaca gulp from nervousness. A small smile, barely visible forms on Maritza's face.

"can we just talk tonight babe? about everything? I really don't want to hide anything from you not even a thing, and there are somethings we need to talk about and I know you'll probably gonna be angry at me for hiding all this from you but... I don't know honestly, maybe we should just go to sleep"

She says now feeling kind of hopeless and a little scared that Flaca won't understand her. as she was about to pull away from Flaca, the cube lit up once more. Maritza's eyes widened as she looks at Flaca with a terrified face ready to start crying again. Flaca lets out a soft giggle as she looks at Maritza's priceless expression which she thought was so fucking adorable she just wanted to grab her beautiful face and kiss it all the damn time. But instead she pulls the little Latina in for another bone crushing hug. Maritza accepts the offer as she clings to Flaca's neck once more holding for her dear life.

 Maritza accepts the offer as she clings to Flaca's neck once more holding for her dear life