Chapter 33: Setting sail

"I hate when your mind is telling you to stop loving someone cause they'll never love you back, but your heart just can't let go of them"

Maritza says between sharp breaths and loud sobbing.

Gloria was sitting next to her trying her best to calm the Latina down but it was all a waste of time, Maritza's panic attack kept getting worse, it escalated from like 7 to a fucking 11.

"C'mon Flaca. Where the fuck are you"

Gloria says as she gets up too see if the tall Latina is anywhere to be seen.

"where is she?"

Gloria whisper yells as she sees Mac making her way, out of breath towards her.

"shit she can run"

Mac says her chest rising trying to get her breath back.

"where is she Mac?"

"she went to get her a damp cloth, just in case she fainted"

Mac says taking in one deep breath.

"how the fuck is she gonna help her?"

"just look, and record. They ain't leaving till they admit their feelings to each other"

Gloria says looking at Flaca who was rushing her way with a damp cloth in her hand.

She quickly makes her way to them.

"where is she?"

Flaca says panic visible on her face.

"how the fuck did you get here so fast?"

Mac asks with an astonished look on her face

"long legs"

Flaca quickly replies.

"in my bunk, hurry up"

Gloria says her hands crossed and a concerned expression on her face

Flaca quickly walks in the cube, almost losing balance when she trips on Gloria's shoes.

"shit"

she murmurs.

"hey"

Flaca softly says as she sees Maritza's silhouette.

she slowly crouches next to the bed, gently taking the still panicked girl's hand in hers and gingerly caressing it with her thumb.

Maritza's breath was still uneven, tears still making their way down her red cheeks but you could see a huge difference.

"how the fuck is she doing that?"

Mac asks surprised as the small Latina started calming down the second Flaca got near her.

"they soulmates"

Gloria simply replies looking at both of them like a proud mom.

"ok, look"

Flaca says as she gently pulls Maritza so that she's on her side, the small Latina's eyes fall to the ground as she couldn't look at Flaca.

"I get mad, I get worried, I get curious and yeah I get really jealous. I am jealous. But that's only cause I love you, and I don't want to lose you. I know how easily I can be replaced Mari, I'm just trying to distance myself so that it will hurt a little less. I'm just trying to protect my heart and yeah I know that's selfish, but you're falling in love with someone and you're attractive, really attractive. You'll forget me before you know it and I'll just be here, stuck. Missing my best friend. You have any idea how much you mean to me?"