Chapter 25: Euphoria

"you know this ain't over right? he might be gone but Ruiz got her eyes glued on your girl"

Gloria whisper yells to Flaca.

"I'll talk to her tonight ok? I can't just kiss her out of nowhere cause Ruiz is around!"

Flaca whisper yells back to Gloria.

"why the fuck not? and why the fuck are we whispering?"

She says still whispering.

"Think about it Gloria, imagine I kiss her out of nowhere. a'aight? she'll be surprised and that's not gonna look good. Cause Ruiz will think that I'm not kissing her cause I'm with her but cause I wanna make her jealous. I gotta talk to her before. And I have no idea why the fuck we're whispering."

Flaca says still whispering.

"fine."

she says now in a normal voice.

"you talk to her tonight a'aight?"

Gloria asks arching an eyebrow and looking at Ruiz from the corner of her eye.

"I will. Promise."

She says giving a reassuring smile to the woman in front of her who was like her mother.

Maritza was feeling a lot better knowing that he was gone. She wasn't looking around her every 5 secs. In fact she was talking loudly to Daya, trying to reason with her and get her to believe that she wasn't in love with her best friend. Even though she was falling really fucking hard for her.

Flaca on the other hand was scanning the whole cafeteria trying to find Mac. She needed to talk to her ASAP, she wanted to talk to Maritza and tell her about the tests, why she does them. She wanted to open up about her story with her just like she did, but she couldn't risk other people knowing. Cause if they found out about what she's capable of, she wouldn't be as safe that means that Maritza wouldn't be safe either. I mean she could still protect herself and Maritza but if this... thing got out, things might be a little harder.

Mac was the only one who knew since she wasn't just a guard, she was their friend and also their counselor, so she had to know what was going on with her inmates, especially if it was them.

Flaca's eyes shoot open when they meet a pair of blue ones, she started waving in her direction to get her attention.

"inmate Gonzales. C'mere"

Mac's voice was heard after a few seconds.

Flaca quickly gets up and makes her way towards the blonde guard, who seemed worried.

"you good?"

Flaca asks when she saw her furrowed eyebrows.

"yeah, are you ok? what favor where you talking about? are you in trouble."

Mac asks worry laced in her voice.

"no, no hey calm down. I'm fine, no trouble I just need a little help from my favorite guard"

Flaca says giving her an innocent smile, which looked adorable mind you!

"yeah, yeah cut the charm, what do you need?"

Mac asks after letting out a scoff and giving the tall Latina a small smile.

"okay, so you know about the tests. I gotta tell Mari about that, you know tell her about my fucked up life and shit? but I can't do that unless we're alone, you know because of... you know"

Flaca says getting closer to Mac to make sure no one else was listening to their conversation.

"yeah, I know. But how are you gonna be alone? completely"