Chapter 26: Shattered

"Inmate, get out of your cube instantly"

The blonde guard yells to the tall latina with a stern voice, worry taking over her face.

"what the fuck is going on between you two?"

asked the petite girl in almost a whisper.

"nothing"

she says as she scratches the back of her neck and a slight blush forms on her cheeks.

She makes her way out of the cube, never making contact with Mac's blue orbs. She was really nervous to hear what the guard had to say.

"okay"

Mac stated as she roughly grabbed the Latina by her hand and slightly pushed her in front so that it wasn't that obvious they were friends as Spanish Harlem was filled with inmates running all over the place.

"I talked to Caputo."

Mac continued.

"nothing?"

Flaca says slightly glancing at her.

"actually, he agreed to it. Under some conditions."

She said with a grin a plastered on her sculpted face.

Flaca's eyes went wide as she looked at the guard in disbelief while her mouth hung open. her arms slowly opened and went behind her neck as her 'O' shaped mouth turned into one of her famous smiles with her pearly white teeth showing.

Is this bitch fucking with me? she thought to herself.

"Oh shit, he actually agreed to it? And what does he want? seriously I'll do anything"

She asked with an amused look on her face.

"okay. First of all, keep it on the low so that it doesn't seem like he's giving you special treatment and shit and no funny buisness"

Mac told her with a serious tone but a small smile still visible on her lips.

"yes, yes, yes for sure no funny buisness and I'll keep it on the low for sure. promise"

Flaca says excitedly. Even if she was scared to open up about what she's been through, she liked the thought of being alone with her.

"And I have to check up on you every thirty minutes, and I'm really sorry I know you 2 need your privacy but if I don't  I'll be in deep shit"

Mac says looking at Flaca feeling a little guilty.

"no, no it's fine. This is great, oh my god this is so fucking great Mac. Did he give you like a day when this could happen?"

"No, but I told him that it's gonna be tomorrow, cause Maritza has her night shift and you'll have time to prepare, like get the mattresses out and shit ya know?"

Mac says giving Flaca a friendly smile as she was happy that she was able to help her.

"yes. That's perfect."

Flaca says clapping her hands in excitement. She wanted it to be perfect.

"And you have to throw some kind of fucking hint, for sure"

Mac said narrowing her eyes and pursing her lips.

"yes. I will. I'll try"

"ok, go back to your cube Maritza is throwing glares at me, and the girl is cute but damn she can be scary"

she says as she looks towards Maritza to find her staring intently at both of them.

"yeah, and thank you so much Mac. You have no idea how much this means to me, you're literally putting your ass on the line and I'm so fucking grateful for that"