The Match

"So we're starting the match?" Sana asked.

All were currently outside, they finished stretching and each one was excited for the match today. Including Jeongyeon and Nayeon who had 2nd thoughts about this.

"Yup, today all ten of us are playing a match. We're going to be using the full court." 

"So what exactly are we doing?" Nayeon asked.

"First to 21 wins, I figured if we make this a competition it'll bring out the competitive side of people."

"No time limit?" Mina ask.

"No, it's just practice so doesn't really make sense to put a time limit of our game. If it takes too long, then we'll stop and figure out what to do about it."

Everyone nodded, then you all heard the door open.

"Everyone we have a visitor." Kim said as she walked towards you and all eyes were on the person behind her.

It was the boss himself Mr. JYP.

"Hello everyone." JYP said loudly.

"JYP-sunbae." The members said as they all bowed. You looked at both of them and bowed slightly as well.

"Something wrong sir?" Jihyo asked.

"Everything is alright Jihyo. I'm here to see how your team is doing and how (YN) is treating you."

"Oh everything is going great." Sana said.

"Yeah, (YN) is one excellent teacher." Dahyun said showing two thumb ups.

"He's really nice and caring." Chaeyoung spoke up. You just smiled and looked away in embarrassment.

"And he's a good cook. You should try some of his food." Momo added.

"Well maybe later. For now, I wanted to see the progress going on here."

"Well sir, we were just about to start a match, we just finished stretching."

"Oh, all ten of you?"

All nodded.

"Then I made it just in time. Kim you going to watch?" JYP asked her.

"Sure. Shall we sit." And with that, both of them sat on a table seat.

------------------------------------------

"Alright, girls huddle up." You said as the girls huddled around you.

"I know we haven't done plays or strategies or anything, but we should start using what you girls learned and figuring out how the chemistry is between each other. And don't worry if you've messed up, it's all practice." They nodded.

"So I decided how the teams are going to be." You then showed them a whiteboard with their names. Each girl inspected their names and saw your name on the red team.

Team Red- Jihyo (PG), Sana (SG), Chaeyoung (SF), (YN) (PF), Tzuyu (C)

Team Blue- Dahyun (PG), Momo (SG), Nayeon (SF), Mina (PF), Jeongyeon (C)

The red members smiled while the blue members looked worried.

"I know it's not perfect, but it's only the nine of you girls so I'm trying to get the best position for each one. Maybe I'll even switch some of your roles around if I see anything you girls do differently or see if you're better at another position."

"Each girl is going to be mostly guarding against the other person with the same position, so Jihyo and Dahyun, you'll both be guarding each other and Momo and Sana and so on."