Chapter 11: Drunk Barbecues

Start from the beginning

No, he doesn't kiss me, but he begins to ramble a bit nervously? "Look, I'm sorry. Your brother is just so cocky and I just got kind of caught up in the moment trying to make him mad. I won't do it again if you don't want me to. I promise, we can just be that cake couple who doesn't ever kiss. Do you even still want to do this? You looked so uncomfortable, I'm feeling guilty I dragged you in on this plan. It's so stupid. We could find another way to crack Ella. I'm so fucking sorry Caitlin. I shouldn't have–"

To shut him up, I use my palm to cover his mouth and laugh when he looks at me with bewilderment.

It turns out jerky jocks can get nervous too. Who knew?

"Geez Milly, calm down. It's okay. I'm not mad. You didn't drag me into this plan, I chose it along with the many things that I would have to do in order to succeed with this," I take my hand off of his now red face.

The smile that brightens up his whole face re-appears and I can see his ego emerging from the dead. Oh boy.

"Did you just call me Milly?" he tries to hide the smile with a glare, "For the second time?"

Instead of formulating a smart comeback, I do something that not only surprises Miller, but myself too. I lean in and place my lips onto his. What is this boy doing to me?

Unlike our last kiss, which seemed rushed and unprofessional, this one brings me to all sorts of different highs. It starts of chaste and sweet, but passion builds up quickly. It even gets to the point where I feel Miller's tongue push past my lightly closed lips. I've never felt this feeling before; it's not exactly like fireworks exploding like people say, it's better. The million butterflies that have formed in my stomach fly away when Miller presses his tongue against mines. He smells like strawberries and mint. What a cliche moment.

The reason we pull away is purely because of our lack of oxygen. Or more like, my lack of oxygen. I swear, I was panting in his mouth. 

"What was that for?" he asks, clearly as out of breath as I am.

My brain is running with a million thoughts a second, I could barely hear what Miller said. Unfortunately, I did and now I have to think of a snaky response.

Fumbling with my fingers, I tell him stupidly, "It was to prove it. To prove that we can kiss anytime you want to and I don't mind. I really don't." I slowly look at him and add, "Probably not one of the best kisses you've gotten, huh?"

No kidding Miller has kissed girls prettier than I am. Heck, he's probably kissed a Victoria's Secret supermodel. Oh and there's Ella, who has these huge eyes and pretty pink lips. She could be a supermodel if her personality didn't repel so much.

Miller places two fingers under my chin and raises it so that I can see his soft smile, "If you want me to be honest, that was the best kiss I have ever had, but you probably killed, like, half of my ego by making the first move."

"The other half is probably good enough to last you ten lifetimes," I tease him, while blushing profusely. 

Lunch was lunch. I hung by Miller's side the whole time, feeling closer to him after the kiss and we acted like a Taylor Swift love song. Everytime we would peck each other's lips, Carter would pretend to barf and mom would scold him, telling him that I don't do this when he and Tasha are ripping each other's clothes off. I found out a lot about the Woods family. Did you know that Ms. Woods(as well as Mr. Woods before he passed) owns a condom company? Woods Condoms, Protection is the first word in sex! That was a good laugh for me.