Chapter 6: My Best Friend, Ella

~Chapter Six: My Best Friend, Ella~

The day Ella and Miller got together was the happiest day of my life. No just kidding.

Mella became official almost one week ago and honestly, I can't stand them. I can never have a serious conversation without one of them gushing about the other and telling me over and over again about how lucky they are.

Everything happened so fast. They went to the movie together and the next day, they came to school as an item! I was just as shocked as the others were, but I had to act like I knew all along so that I didn't look like a hooligan whose own best friend doesn't tell her anything. On that day, the new couple got the school's radar on them and since I'm Ella's best friend, the radar touched me too. Everyone wanted to get the juicy details, but were too scared to approach the people who knew exactly what is happening, so they decided to come ask me their whole mile of questions, which I couldn't answer because I am just as clueless as they are.

"Miller, can you please get off of the phone and drive?" I am almost yelling, but he still is on the phone after the hundredth time I asked him to hang up. We're still in the school's parking lot because Miller just had to pick up a call from his precious girlfriend. Even the teachers are beginning to leave now and they practically live at school.

"Babe, your hair looked fine today, the fuzziness didn't show at all. Beautiful as usual," he smiles. I want to hit him with a pan for wasting my time.

I grab one of his strong shoulders, "Miller!" he whips his head around to give me a stink eye. "Can you stop chit chatting with Ella and get me home so that I can do my homework and not fail my senior year?"

He just laughed. Let me repeat: laughed. L-A-U-G-H-E-D. I'm laughing in disgust at how rude that was. Get me my pan, I'm gonna slap him.

Half an hour later, Ella's mom tells her to get off of the phone and to go and play with her brother, Sean. We can finally leave. I thought I would never get to see my house again because of how intensely those two were talking. Looks like Miller needs a few words of guidance from me.

I take a wad of my hair and use it as a weapon to hit Miller with, "Listen up, chum. Next time, by the millionth time I ask you something, I think you should do it." He rolls his eyes and smiles, making me even more mad, if possible.

"You called me chum," he chuckles like a little kid. "Yeah so?" I glare at him before he gets a chance to glare at me first. He raises his eyebrow, but doesn't make any effort to look at me, "Chum means friends. We're chums. Best chums forever!"

He starts chanting 'Best Chums Forever' as if he is the only one that can hear himself. Maybe I should get this in video so that I can give some proof to the kids at school that Miller wood is, in fact, a psychopath, as I predicted back in freshman year. If he wasn't dating my best friend, I could be so much ruder to him, but he is, so my options of rudeness are low. You can't mess with your besties' man, it's just not cool.

It seems like it has been forever when we finally get to my house, Miller parks in front of the door and lets me out. I'm about to slam the car door in his face for torturing me, but to my surprise, he's also out of the car. I throw a the leaf that has gently set on my coat at his face, "Are you thinking of coming in because that's not possible, honey."

He rolls his eyes, "Are we seriously back at that honey thing? I thought we were chums." The wind blows his hair onto his forehead, making him look rugged, "I want to say hi to your mom. She promised me a bag of chocolate chip cookies."

My mom's 'Choc-choc chunkies' are the best cookies you will ever eat in your life. I've tried mastering it the way she does it, but I can't seem to make it even close to as delicious as she makes hers. She says that I just don't have the secret ingredient that makes the cookies so yummy. The problem is, she won't tell me that secret ingredient, how mom-ish of her.