Jamaima! you're getting Married

Hi!! I'm Aya.
This is my first writeup on wattpad,i really hope you enjoy it.
Disclaimer: there is a lot of typographical errors,grammatical errors, generally a lot of errors.
Enjoy!!!!!!!💝💝💝❤❤❤
Share!!!
Follow me

    Jamiama's POV

  I say my morning prayers like usual, the fajr  prayer was very important for me to do early. I am a heavy sleeper and detest being woken up in the early mornings  when the sun says hello.

    I go back to sleep after fajr, for I know I have nothing else to do. But this morning was different, I went down stairs to drink water when I hear my mother and father talking. He just returned from the masjid

      "She is not going to be happy about this"  umma said

     "I do not wish to see her unhappy but it was my mother's death wish"

     I wasn't really interested in whatever it was they were talking about,I decided to go back to my room and forget I heard anything.

    "Jamaima"

    "Jamiama, wake up" my elder sister never visited this early since she got married.

    "Ya zee, what are you doing here so early. Lafiya ko?" I asked with concern. She nodded but her eyes were sad. Was she the one Umma and Abba were talking about. The one who wouldn't be happy?

      "Something is clearly on your mind ya zee, is there something I can do?"

     She smiled genuinely "You possess great courage little one, you are a tough one" she sighs "Abba has called for you, I nod and give her a 'be strong' gesture before exiting.

      I probably  should have kept that for myself, What Abba said made me realise why she said what she did, you possess great courage little one"

      I didn't possess the courage to go through this, I sit on the coach and stare at my father like I've just seen a ghost. "Abba what did you say?"

      " You are getting married" he repeated like it was nothing, like it was a fact I just had to accept

      "So I was the one who wasn't going to be happy?"

     "You will be, once you learn who you will get married to" he says cheerfully

       "Who?"

      "HAIDAR!"

     Let me introduce myself before we continue

     My name is Jamiama Dawud, the last child of my family.

    The man in front of me is my father, Alhaji Dawud who is giving me out like cheap clothing to Haidar, My cousin.

     Haidar, My least favourite cousin. I always thought my knight in shining armour, my Prince charming will be anyone but haidar......he is an asshole

     Dangerously handsome, that I can't deny. A lot of women swoon over him, his charm was strong on women but then again, he's  an asshole.

     Why? Well that you'll  know later.

    "Haidar?, Abba haidar?" I repeat the name to my father in disbelief

    "My cousin haidar?"

    "Yes him, see I told you she would be happy about it" he turns to my mother Hajiya Jamila

     "Uncle Abbas's first son, ya mujaheed's childhood buddy?"

    "Don't act oblivious to your connection with him. Yes him"

    I look at my brother Mujaheed for bail, Abba always listened to him. He just gave me an apologetic grin which said it all.....he also supported this, they all did.

    I looked to Abba, Umma, Ya zee and ya Mujaheed simultaneously and sigh, there was no one on my side. They we all in on this.

      "Abba, I just graduated highschool two months ago, I'm just 17"

     "It was my mother's death wish!"

     "I always wanted to pick my own husband, Salma, maryam and I all said we were getting married  at 23" I try to make him see

    "That was a childish decision, YOU made with your friends. I didn't" he stood for he was done talking and walked halfway to the door.

     "Haidar is coming today to start the preparations"

     "This soon? When is the wedding?"

      " in a week" he said simply.

      The walls in the room began to close in on me, I felt light headed. Everything  turned black, I passed out.

      They better be playing a prank on me...........

      You may think I'm being overly dramatic, but just wait till your father tells you your wedding is in a week and you are not your husband's biggest fan