18 [S]

Sebestian Knight

"General, with all due respect, that's a terrible request." I straighten up against the chair, leveling my gaze with the General who stares back at me fiercely. His eyes are dark but there's a fire that rages inside, one that speaks of anger and injustice.

"Your father would have wanted this. If it weren't for your incompetency to return to the Dark system, we would have launched the ships. I think you should take into account my patience." The General spits, marching up to the desk. Without asking, he settles against the chair opposite of me, arms crossed in a rigid posture.

"The ships were at best, unstable and at worst, a coffin." I sniff, sliding the piece of paper where I scribbled my ides onto under my sleeve, ensuring that it is out of his sight. His face is crumpled with tension and something tells me he won't appreciate my suggestion.

"You are only a child. What would you know?" Leaning forward, the General arches his back and slams both his elbows along the desk, scattering the individaul pieces of data. Struggling to fight the fear that acculmulates in my lungs, I stare back at the General politely, determined to not back down.

"You might see me as a child but I am not. Need I remind you that it was I who brought to the Darks' attention that the makeshift bridge was not safe? Case in point- it resulted in my father's death. Need I remind you that I crossed the Solar system and made it back to the Dark system safely?" The General opens his mouth to slip in a sentence but I raise my hand, the gesture feeling natural and smooth.

"What have you done, General? You have deemed the battleships safe when they were far from stable and you gave the guards the all clear to build the bridge. So if it's anyone who should be giving advice, it's me." I narrow my gaze, emphasising on the last word as I snap at him. The fire that flares up in his eyes grow brighter, burning with a provoked heat.

"You know nothing." His tone is dangerously low, infused with a spark of anger that threatens to cause an outburst of rage, "You are but a child. You may think that given everything you went through, you're better than me but let me make it crystal for you- you are nothing."

The familiar rush of anger begins to race across my entire body, sweeping through my veins like a strong tidal wave threatening to submerge everything. Is this Dark kidding himself? He may be more senior but that does not give him the right to disrespect me.

"Guards!" I call, making sure that my voice does not shake from the anger that's intertwining my heart. The confidence in my tone dilutes the hurt in my words as the Dark guards come rushing into the room, guns pulled at the ready and eyes filled with alarm.

"Drag this man out and set up a board meeting. If I see him set foot on palace grounds again, I will make sure that a suitable punishment is executed." Rising from my seat, I straighten out my slightly rumpled attire, pulling at the hems to smooth out the wrinkles twinging the surface.

"Yes, Sir." The General's face grows pale with shock but the fire never leaves his eyes. Ignoring the guards that march up to him, he springs from his seat and slams his fists into the wood, driving any remaining paper left towards the floor.

"You can't do this." His voice is a strangled hiss, twisted with fear and rude shock. Still, there are specks of resentment in his irises as patches of red start to blossom across his cheeks.

"Oh yeah?" The words slip from my mouth smoothly as I hold back a laugh that threatens to bubble past my lips, "Well, watch me."

The General dives towards me, throwing himself across the desk in record speed, hands stretched out to make a mad grab for my neck. I yell out, sliding out of the way just as the General topples over the chair, crashing against the floor with a thud.

"I'm going to get you, you pesky little-!" The General ends his sentence with a curse as I leap out of his sight, towards the edge of the room, "That's not very nice!"

The pair of guards raced over, forcefully gaining control over the General by sliding their arms along his sides, ensuring that his kicks and attempted punches out of my range.

"Good Galaxy to the dirtiest landfills of Atlanta." I mutter, brushing against the imaginary dust my shirt collected during the dive. The General's shouts grow maniac as the guards pull him further from me, jabbing the stocks of their riffles against his ribcage painfully. Even as their figures fade into tiny dots barely visible down the corridor, his screams still echo their way through the passage, filling my room with yells of revenge, pain and anger.

"What a disgusting man." Shaking my head, I begin to clear the cluttered mess along the floorboards. A part of me is excited as I think about the meeting with the board later where I will introduce my new plan but a part of me slowly starts to rot as an image of Edward flashes in my head.

Maybe after all this, everything will fall into place.

Word Count: 911 Words

A/N: The pace, the pace, of hurried plots! Sorry, that was supposed to fall along with the tune of Uma Thurman by Falloutboys. Oof!

Anyway, I'm really excited about this book even though it's already chapter 35 and all excitement should have died at ten thousand words but I just am! Decided to include some rankings that the book got above!

I encourage and appreciate all feedback! (: