9 [S]

Sebestian Knight

As soon as Edward enters his room, Alex slams the door shut behind him and snatches me by my uninjured arm, pulling me as far away from the room as possible.

His footsteps create crunches that makes me wince as pain starts to grapple with the underneath of my skin from the way he's grasping my wrist so tightly. There's an urgency in the way he marches to the end of the passageway where a final door stands and when he finally releases his hold, my wrist is scuffed with a rounded red mark.

In a low breath, he hisses at me, his voice narrowed into slit-like holes that reveal nothing but darkness within.

"You better not think that you can get away with this."

"I don't know what you're talking out." Maintaining my stoic facade is fighting a war that is rigged against me. My body loses its strength, waging war against the avalanche of fear that topples over me and I struggle to stop quivering from the way his words are filled with a silent threat.

Alex's laughter is one that is empty of happiness and filled with the powerful knowledge that he had over him. I could almost feel the way his fingers could entrap me, entangle the lines of my puppet and make me dance to his tune.

He doesn't know.

I try to wrap my head around those three simple words but no matter how many times I say it, with a tone that's hard with courage, I know that it's a lie. I can't pretend that he doesn't know my real identity anymore.

"You think you can fake your way out of this? Daniel and Luna might be naive enough to believe you but I'm not like them." Obstructing my line of view, Alex pulls his body into a position which makes it difficult for anyone in our direction to see us. His voice is low and filled with dominance, the way an arrow is when it quivers within a crossbow- ready to strike its victim and slowly gaining the kinetic strength.

The courage to say the words spinning through my head escalates as the lines of odium towards me, stark on his features, become more pronounced.

"You don't have the guts to prove it. In fact, you don't have the guts to lift a finger and do harm unto me." I spit, my senses and reflex heighted by the way Alex teethers on the spot, the way one who had too mcuh to drink would. Even the twinkling lights overhead that furnish the arch of the cave walls which creates a thin canopy of yellow isn't bright enough to illuminate his skin.

The darkness that surrounds him like a thin bubble seemingly repels all light and I try not to shiver or reveal my fear, wishing that I'm able to bury the feeling deep beneath my skin.

"You think I won't dare hurt you?" Danger flashes in Alex's eyes and I push myself further against the wall, wishing that the dirt would envelope me and keep me safe from the way Alex is looking at me, like a hunter having caught sight of a prey.

"Do you know why we operate in small units, Sebestian?"

My mouth falls open when my name slips from his lips. For a split second, the world stops and I'm drowning in the reality of it.

He knows.

"Do you know why, despite the fact that Solars thrive on solar energy, our safe houses are buried deep feet beneath the ground?" His hisses start to join together as his words all bleed into one terrifying line of undaunted jeer.

Still unable to speak from the shock that twists the words ready to spring from my airways in a heavy mess of broken phonetics, I shake my head.

"That's because we're very, very careful. The less Solars, the less chances of us getting caught. We aren't stupid enough to promote our safe houses out in broad daylight because we don't want to end up dead." Consternation carves deep into my chest as I soak in his words and how they are punctuated with a threat.

"Do you know what this means?" His voice is so low, it's almost hard to decipher.

When I don't give an immediate answer, he continues.

"That means when I kill you, I'm going to make sure I deposit the body cleanly. I will leave no trace and no sign as to my identity and you will regret everything you ever did- thinking that you could trespass and actually fool us. Thinking you could take this place as a shelter and dump it the next day."

I am numb from the way he makes sure each word is articulated slowly such that I can hear the way he enunciates every vowel, every term. Such that it becomes hard to ignore how real his threat is- brimming with life for every syllable and scrawled across the letters that he capitalises for me.

Drawing back with a newfound fear, I make sure that I am in the path of the lights overhead. Alex might think that he can take me down but if I'm visible to whoever comes round the corner and if I make a sound loud enough to capture attention, he won't be getting away with murder.

Just as I shrink into the paragraphs of yellow, Alex slants his face against the light and laughs. The noise is soft but cold- cold enough to still liquid.

"I'm not going to do it tonight, little Dark," He flashes me a wide smile, revealing sharp looking teeth that protrudes from the inside of his mouth, "For what fun will that be? No, I'm going to make you sit and wait for it to come."

Thinking that his words have finally lasted out, I steel myself to make a break for the closest room that is visibly filled with Solars.

But he's not done yet.

"Are you afraid, Sebestian?"

Afraid.

I'm not afraid.

Or am I?

"I know every single bad deed that you have done, Sebestian. And I am going to make you pay for it."

Leaving me with those words that echo in my head, Alex spins in a reversal direction and stomps off, the staccato thump of his shoes beating against the ground slowly fading away.

Word Count: 1064 Words

A/N: Gah! I need to keep up if I want to win this #NaNoWriMo! Anyways, leave a comment telling me what you think of the story so far!

Every vote, comment and share is appreciated! (: