Chap.14

Hey guys! It's been a while...no it hasn't haha.

First off, I just wanna squeal like a 2 year old because this story is #99 on Spiritual which is such an achievement for me (It's in the top 100!) .

Anywayyy, before we begin reading this chapter shall we, because I'm such a freaking curious girl, play a game of "would you rather"?

I think yes. Sooooo

Would you rather lose half your hair or lose half your hearing (&why) ??

_______________________________

You could call me names, you could say you weren't my friend, hell you could get the whole of the school population against me. But you could not; yell at me, take my food or force me to do something. I have been this way since I could count to 3. So who's to say that things are going to change any time soon?

I love my mother, of course I do. But that doesn't mean that she is in control of planning my entire life and living it for me.

I sat next to her and my dad on the sofa opposite my supposed 'future in-laws and husband'.

Yes, a man had come to propose to me and my mother, as usual, had jumped up and down and tried to make me agree to it. Keep in mind that this persuading session had occurred over the phone...I hadn't even laid eyes on the man, Kashif is his name.

"So I'm sure you two have some things you'd like to discuss in private," his mother smiled almost too sweetly at me.

"Yes, you can go into the garden which is away from here but not that far away," my dad spoke, eyeing Kashif.

"Er, yes uncle."

I led the way through the kitchen and into the garden, a cool breeze embracing us as I slid the door open.

"So er, you're not actually considering this whole thing are you?"

We sat down on the chairs under the canopy, opposite each other on the round table.

"Why do you sound like you're expecting me to say no?"

"Honestly? I don't want to get married...well not to you."

"Ouch."

"No, I mean, no offence but I've kind of got my eyes on someone else."

"Then why are you here?"

"My parents hate her."

"Why?"

"She's not 'fair enough'" he says, like it's the most bizare thing he's ever had to say, "They don't like her because she's not the colour they want her to be."

"Oh," was all I could manage. I mean, what exactly am I supposed to say to a man whose in love with a woman that his parents won't accept because she doesn't posses the "right" skin colour?

"I mean, it doesn't even matter to me if she's darkskin. We love each other and, as freaking fairytale as it may sound, love sees no colour," I stared at him, not knowing what to say. I noticed the dark circles under his eyes, the creasing of his forehead and all in all he looked exhausted, worn out and drained of energy.

"I'm sorry, I'm such a mess," his fingers combed through his already messy hair as he puffed out a sigh.

"It's okay, at least now I know I'm not the only one against this marriage."

His head shot up then, "What? You don't want this marriage to take place?"

"Nope," I shrugged, "I'm not ready, I guess."