Chap.18

Hi (say it back?)

no? Ok

Anywayzzz, add me on Snapchaaaaat: sumaiyaaa.xo and lets be friendzz

xoxoxoxoxo

___

I let myself into the house, feeling a mixture of emotions that don't make sense. Kashif is in front of me moments later as he pulls me into an embrace.

"Wallahi I was so worried, Isra where were you and for this long?" he holds my shoulders, "Your boss called to tell me that you were in some meeting and it was going to take a long time but

"Marc called you?"

"And that's what worried me, I couldn't understand why you couldn't just give me a ring yourself," placing an arm across my waist, Kashif leads me into the living room and onto the sofa, "you sit here and I'll make you some tea."

"I don't want anything, thanks."

"No, please just..."

"Okay, okay I'll have some tea then."

He is back after some time and as promised, he brings me a cup of tea. He sits beside me, watching me intently as I take a sip of my tea, letting the warm liquid down my throat.

"What?"

"Nothing," he says, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh c'mon, what is it?" I set the tea down onto the coffee table and face him. "Well tell me then."

"It's just that..."I motion for him to continue and he does, "I've been thinking, maybe we should actually give this a go, y'know?"

"What do you mean, I thought we agreed that this was a temporary thing?"

"I know, I know but...it just seems like maybe this is how it's meant to be. You and I, us, married."

"What about...?"

"I loved her, I still do, she's my first actual love but...maybe she's not for me."

"Kashif have you- have you caught feelings for me?"

"No, I don't know, maybe," he sighs defeated, "Yes, it just sort of happened, overtime."

"Are you happy?"

He looks taken back by the question but answers after a moment, "Well, I've been happier..."

"If we gave this a shot, do you think you'd be happy?"

"Yeah, even if it doesn't work out...at least we'd have given it a try y'know?"

"I know how you're feeling..."

"Lonely?"

"Yeah," our eyes lock and before I can look away his lips are on my cheek. Oh how my heart skips a beat.

He takes hold of my hand, pulls back, gets up and motions me to do the same with a grin. He leads me into his bedroom, shutting the door behind us, "As of today, this is not my bedroom, it's our bedroom. You'll sleep in here, with me...like how it's meant to be."

I smile a sad smile as I look at him. I never should have agreed to marry him; he's such wonderful man, mash'Allah and I do not deserve to be with a man like him.

"You okay?" he asks.

"Yes, yes just tired," he nods, "perhaps we should head to bed."

"Of course, do you need anything?"

"Right now, all I need is to sleep, with my husband by my side, so shall we?" I smirk.

**

I am at work the next day, not being able to help thinking about what Kashif had said to me, "Your boss called me..."