Genesis: The Rebirth Of My Heart.

Start from the beginning

How am I going to raise a baby? I'm still a baby myself. I'm so stuck. I don't believe in adoption or abortion, but it seems like my only options in order to have a normal teenage life. Psh. What is a normal teenage life when you have an abusive ex-boyfriend, an ex-boyfriend who is potentially in love with you, a weird golden glow, and a gang that includes your psychopath uncle trying to bang you and your ex out of existence? Normal? I think not.

Do I really want to raise a baby around this shit? No way!

I sat up in Izzy's bed, watching as the sun's rays peek through the blinds. I got up and slipped on my Air Forces. My chest hurt so bad. My boobs felt like they'd fall off at any minute. I ignored the pain from that and the rest of my body and walked to the bathroom. I took a quick look in the mirror. My cheek was bruised to a minor degree, but there were no abnormalities or deformities. I had a small scratch under my eye and minor bruises on my hip and legs. I pulled out my shades that coincidentially ended up in my pocket and placed them over my eyes. The amount of pain that could be hidden beneath shades still amazes me. I pulled all of the bobby pins out of my hair, letting it all fall to my shoulders, being that the ends curled up. I shook it out, letting some cover my cheek.

I grabbed all of my stuff, making minimal movement and noise. I headed out of the door and began walking towards Long Island Rail Road, where I caught the train back to Brooklyn.

***

I finally made it to my building. I walked up the stairs and to my front door, where I saw someone and something unexpected. I was scared, but fearless at the same time.

Jas'marieé: (nonchalantly speaking) What the hell do you want, Sevarion?

Sevarion: (gets up from the ground with flowers and teddy bear in his hand) Babe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you and cheat on you. That was punk nigga shit.

Jas'marieé: You are a punk ass nigga. Get the fuck away from my door.

Sevarion: Jassie...

Jas'marieé: How long have you been talking to her?

Sevarion: Since yesterday, I swear.

Jas'marieé: Oh...I hope you get an infectious STD, you fucking stupid fuck. I can't fucking believe I'm pregnant by you. (laughs)

Sevarion: WHAT?!

Jas'marieé: Yup. Pregnant. By your conniving ass.

I unlocked my door and went inside. Sevarion trailed behind me, dropping the flowers.

Sevarion: Jas'marieé Shawnee Gutierrez, I'm only seventeen years old! How am I going to raise a baby?

Jas'marieé: First of all, it's Shawnee Lyric Nicole. Secondly, figure it out. You have eight months to do so.

Sevarion: You might be on your own, I'm going to USC.

The sound of that made my blood boil. My eyes turned red and I instantly became a bat out of hell. He triggered the wrong gun.

Jas'marieé: YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! YOU FUCKING HIT ME AND CHEATED ON ME! THE LEAST YOU COULD FUCKING DO IS RAISE YOUR GOD DAMN BABY, YOU STUPID EGG-HEADED CUNT BUCKET! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!

Sevarion: But-

Jas'marieé: (grits teeth) Get...the fuck...OUT!

Sevarion sucked his teeth and walked out the door slowly. I grabbed the flowers and the teddy bear he had given me and I waited until he got outside before I threw all of his shit out of the window and onto his head. He looked to the window, all fury in his eyes.