File 1: A taste of Betrayal

I'm not choosing one of your paths, I'm making my own.'  -Percy Jackson

~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Percy POV |
A year finally. I'm back. Home sweet home. Let me back it up. My name's Percy Jackson. I just came back from a quest from Athena so that I could propose to Annabeth.

Who's Annabeth?

She's the daughter of Athena and the most beautiful girl I have ever met. So yeah, that's why I needed to get Athena's blessing.

"Perseus, you have done well for the past year. I give you my blessing," Athena said but she had a sad smile on before flashing away. I wonder why. When  I reached the hill, I practically ran down the hill. Also, Hestia blessed me because she's just awesome that way.

"Peeeercy!!" I turned around to see Grover. He jumped onto me and I caught him. "G-man! How've you been?" I asked him excited to finally see him again. I couldn't contact anyone during the past year.

"I'm fine. Annabeth's at the big house with the others by the way," I ran to the big house and saw everyone there. There was someone else. I haven't see him before.

"Prissy's back!" Clarisse.

"Percy!" Everyone.

"Seaweed brain!" I turned to her. Annabeth. She lunged at me and I buried my head in her hair. I missed her so goddam much. "Wise girl, I missed you," I said. I kissed her and it was the best thing I have felt in a year. We parted and I held her.

"Who are you? Why did you kiss my girlfriend?" I turned to look at the new guy. He looked around 16. Wait. Girlfriend? I looked at Annabeth and she said, "Since you left a year ago, Zayne came a day later and he's being ignorance and bossy. He tried to how do you say? Seduce me." I growled at him and he backed away. A hint of fear clearly seen in his eyes.

Annabeth squeezed my hand and I calmed down. "Oh yeah, he's a Son of Zeus," she added.

"You mess with my girlfriend again, your good as dead," I told him. He nodded his head quickly.

"Percy my boy." I turned and saw Chiron. I smiled at him. "I'm back," I said and spread my arms. Everyone chuckled. "Come on, you have got to tell us what you had been doing," Travis said. Everyone looked at Chiron asking a silent question. "Yes you may catch up with your friends," he said and chuckled. Everyone walked out of the big house together and talked. I saw some of the younger campers that I saved a year ago.

"Percy!" I turned to see a few little devils running towards me.

I laughed as I fell. "We missed you!" Steve said. I chuckled, "I've missed you too."

"Alright alright. Let Percy get up first," Annabeth said while helping me up. The rest of the day was well, spending loss time with my friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Annabeth come on." I pulled her towards the beach. "Where are we going? We're suppose to be in our cabins you know," She said. I chuckled. We walked to the beach and stood by the shore. I turned her towards me and took in a deep breath.

"Annabeth, we've been through a lot together and have not left your side," she raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine. I left you for a year. But there was a reason behind it." I knelt down on one knee.

"Annabeth Chase, I love you with all my heart. I want to spend my entire life with you. I want us to grow old together. I never want to leave you ever again. So, I'll say this," I took in a deep breath and "Will you marry me?" I took out the ring that was crafted for her by me. Hephaestus taught me. He's a really nice guy if you get to know him. It was a silver with black inner ring. I looked up and saw her covering her mouth.