Do you trust me?

IM SO SORRY I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN FOREVER

YALL PROBABLY DIDN'T NOTICE I WAS GONE BUT I FELT GUILTY ANYWAY

SORRY

HERES A LIL STORY FOR YA

Steve's pov

"Do you trust me?"
It was a simple question, I knew the answer I wanted to tell my best friend, but I couldn't. I wanted to tell him that of course I did, of course I trusted him. I wanted to tell him that I didn't flinch every time he made a sudden movement. I wanted to tell him that I didn't reach for my shield every time he raised his voice slightly. I wanted to tell him that when I heard his gut-wrenching screams at night, I wasn't mentally preparing myself for him to burst through the door, knife in hand and eyes filled with unknown rage. I however could not. I was searching for the right words, I just wanted to tell him 'of course I trust you buck. Till the end of the line' and pull him into a tight hug. Hold him close, keep him safe. He's looking at me, eyes threatening tears and hands shaking. I'm trying to avoid his gaze, I can feel his ocean eyes staring into my soul, trying to search for any sort of an answer to his question.
"Do you trust me?"
"Buck-"
"STEVE DO-" I flinched, backing away.
"D-do y-ou trust me" his voice was smaller now, laced with guilt for raising his voice.
"No. I don't fully trust the winter soldier. But I do trust James Buchanan Barnes, my best friend. And you are my best friend. Yea, I get scared when you yell, and you freak me out sometimes when you just appear out of nowhere. But I know that you are not the winter soldier, Buck. I just can help it. I'm sorry." I am fully sobbing by this point, avoiding his eyes. He steps closer to me, calmly.
"Steve, I don't blame you. I don't trust myself, either. I wake up everyday, on the other side of my room, lying there, clutching a knife. I don't know weather I heart you Steve. I don't know weather I killed you, weather I hurt any of the other avengers in the tower. I look at myself every day, wanting to rip off my arm. I've tried steve, I really have. I don't want to make you uncomfortable, I know I can be weird, and I know I can pop up behind you at random moments, but I don't mean to. I am not the winter soldier anymore, but hydra really messed up my head steve. I want to be okay I really do but I- i-" He trails off, sobbing furiously. I approach him slowly, wrapping my arms around me. He bury's his head into my chest, sobbing.
"I love you buck. Till the end of the line"
"Till the end of the line stevie."