Chapter 69

Taylor's POV

Harry looked at Mason and let out a large, deep laugh, "funny" he keeps laughing and turns back to his meal, "any more jokes?" he chuckles and looks up at me. I give him a stern look as if I'm saying, 'this isn't funny'. His gaze moves quickly around the table, dropping his smile, "wait a second. This isn't a joke?"

"No Harry"

Mason holds back his tears and Audrey reaches out to comfort him. "No, Mason you're not gay" he drops his fork and looks at me, "my son is not gay" his patience wears down and he becomes angry. "Mason you're-He's not gay Taylor. He's only 13 years old, he-you possibly can't know you're gay" he turns from me and Mason, who is keeping his head down, biting his lip to keep his tears from falling, "my son is not going to be gay!"

"Harry, please"

"I did not raise three girls! You are my son! My SON! Boys like girls!"

"Harry that is enough! That is your son! He is the same person, same body, same everything, he's the same person you knew the day he was born, the day you took him to the game, the same person five minutes ago and is still the same person now! The only difference is he likes guys!" I scream towards him and his face gets red, holding in his anger.

"that is NOT the same!" his hands hit the table and Lily covers her ears, crying. Bridget and Niall both rush to them, exiting the kitchen. Mason drops his head in Audrey's chest and she holds him tight, "He's a fucking girl! I will not have a fucking queer in my family"

"get out! Get out of my house" I stand, storming over to him and pushing his chest, "you do not deserve to be here! He is your son!" every word I say I push his chest towards the door, "Nothing is wrong with him! This isn't something he can change Harry! This is his decision and you can either support him or you can get the fuck out of my house!" his back is against the wall and I back away from him momentarily.

His eyes look behind me and his gaze lands on the little boy behind me. I turn to see Audrey holding Mason to her chest, as her quietly breaks down in front of us. Harry's eyes soften and I see his tears well right before me, "I-I did that to him?" his voice cracks and his demeanor changes in an instant

"You tore him down. He is still your son"

"He's my son" he repeats and I nod, walking over to the door and opening it up. "Taylor I-"

"You should just go" he turns away from the wall and walk towards the door

"I'm sorry Taylor"

"You shouldn't apologize to me" I sigh "but as of right now, you need to go. I have to take care of my son" His head falls to the ground and nods before walking out the door and running to his car, avoiding the rain.

When I walk back to the kitchen, Mason is still a wreck and Audrey rocks him back and forth, calming him with every word she sings to him. Lily is still crying from the living room and Kyle is confused, walking around the house. I crouch down next to the chair and Audrey lets go of Mason and he turns to me, falling in my chest, "I'm sorry mom"

"No, don't apologize" I pull him away from me and hold his cheeks, "I told Bridget this, I've told Audrey this multiple times, and now I'm going to tell you. Never, ever apologize for being who you are. If others have a problem with it, then they're not your true friends."

"I'm sorry for dad though"

"He has his own problems and you don't need to worry about him, do you understand me?" I wipe his face if tears and he nods, "I don't want you to change who you are because of him"

"okay." he sniffles and hugs me again, "I love you mom"

"I love you too" I pull away from him and start to stand before Audrey walks over to me and hugs me tight