Chapter 31

Chapter 31
Niall's POV

I sat in the hallway, watching EMT's passing, beds rolling, doctors panicking, but nothing seemed to matter. Only the worry of my wife's life on the line. She's been in the ICU for seems like hours, but by the smell of my body, it's really been days. I don't know why she didn't start breathing right away, they said she would. She's being a stubborn asshole, that's what it is.

"Niall, can you just come back to the room. Taylor took the kids to the hotel room, just at least get off the floor" Harry hovers over me with his hand out. I grab it and he pulls me up, dragging me to the hospital room Bridget had become so attached to the last two months.

She's rolled back into the room and doctor Trahn approaches me. "she's finally breathing on her own." Relief floods over me and I let out the breath I had been holding in for days. "but"

"god damn it doctor why does there always have to be a but!"

He ignores me and continues "but, her brain isn't triggering. Also known as a self-induced coma. Her frontal lobe is not connecting to the rest of her movements, so the frontal lobe has the personality, its what makes her, well her."

"then what can we do?"

"well, there are two different situations at hand, either she had lost her memory and we have to force the brain awake. And that would be easy to do because if her memory is already gone, we don't have to worry about the shock. Or she just needs something to help her trigger her back. Which I recommend we do, it's our first option. So, whatever you think will catch her, try it. Try anything you can. And if nothing happens, we know what it is" he explains and I take a deep breath again. "she will survive though, it just could go two ways"

I nod, not knowing what to say and he leaves the room. I walk over to her bed and hold her hand, "Bridget, honey can you hear me?" I ask "squeeze my hand if you can and you understand me"

Harry turns to me, "what would trigger her mind?"

"our kids?"

"but they've been in here the whole time and she never woke"

"that's because she didn't even have a lung, give Taylor a call and bring the kids"

"do you think Taylor could be the trigger?" he asks, pulling his phone. I shrug and he calls.

Moments later Taylor and my kids are in the room. I put Kyle on my lap and he holds her hand "hey mommy, it's Kyle." She doesn't move and Kyle looks at me

"tell her a story. What do you miss about her"

"Mom, I miss you singing me goodnight."

"sing!" Taylor, Harry and I scream in sync and Kyle jumps. "music! It's music guys, okay what's the last song she wrote?" I ask and Taylor shrugs

"last time I know she wrote was before the wedding" before I can tell her to call her mom, her phone is out and she's calling Andrea.

Harry comes back with a guitar and Taylor is showing me a picture of the latest lyrics and music for a song. On the top of the paper is the title, ONE, (one by Ed Sheeran) I start to strum the tune and read from the small screen.

As I sing and read the lyrics, tears well in my eyes. I can feel the pain as she wants me, and that I'm the only one, but she was always stumbling home drunk.

When I finish the song, nothing happens. I look at her, and at Taylor, and then at Harry. They all look at me puzzled. I look behind them, seeing Louis, Liam and Zayn. "Hey we heard man and we came as fast as we could" Zayn comments, giving me a hug.

"maybe you can help. We're trying to get Bridget to wake."

"with music?" Louis asks and we nod, "have you tried like the songs we sang for when you proposed to her?"

I grab the guitar and sit down, starting to strum Moments. Taylor grabs her hand, hoping for something to happen. When nothing happens, we move on to Little Things. By this time we have a crowd standing behind the glass doors, staring at us. "come on Bridget, something has to work" Taylor silently prays as we sing.

We sit and sit, wondering what song could work, Taylor starts to sing All Too Well, one of the most popular ones Bridget has written. Paining me with every word, part of me wishes she won't wake up to the song, because that shows that she still hangs on to the memory of the horrible night.

The nights she wouldn't show, the days we would sit because she was too hung over to do anything. Even if I offered her water she would gag. The hours I would spend on tour wishing I could be in bed with her, holding her through the night and kissing her forehead during the horrible nightmares. Maybe if I stayed, she wouldn't have had those nightmares years ago, and then maybe she wouldn't have gotten depressed, and then maybe just maybe we wouldn't have been in this situation right now.

I love Bridget with all my heart, her irresponsibility, her drinking, her sass, her hatred for tomatoes, her smoking, the fights, the make ups, the sex. Everything, everything about Bridget makes me love her even more each day. I just wish her mind wasn't so fucked up. I will hate her birth mom forever because of what she did to Bridget

Bridget didn't deserve to go through that in a life time. But really when I sit back and think, if her mom wasn't so horrible, I wouldn't have met my wife, and she wouldn't have known Taylor. So really I guess I'm thankful for that.

I wish she would have given up her lung for Bridget. She's just rotting in the cell anyway, I just wish it wasn't her brother.

"who was it? Who, who was the match?" I spit, falling to the floor

"Mr. Horan, I don't think you should know this" the nurse that has dealt with me for the long time sits next to me and puts the clipboard to her side.

"but I do." Sighing, I pick at my nails "wasn't it a perfect match?"

"yes, but that's because of relative"

"what do you mean relative?" my mind wonders to many different places, her fathers wouldn't work, too many years later, her mom yeah maybe, aunt barb still has people to look after so she couldn't

"her brother. Liam"

"no, he's still alive, he just emailed me two weeks ago, sending me pictures of his wife and kids" Liam and I stayed great friends after the wedding, not just for the sake of Bridget but because I genuinely liked the guy.

"reenlisted."

"no. No, you're lying to me"

"I know it's hard to take all of this horrible information in right now Mr. Horan." She sighs the same time I do, "he was shot, captured and shot. He was an organ donor and who best to give to than his sister?"

"You're fucking lying to me Jen and I know it. Her brother can't die, that is just shit shitting on another pile of shit. She doesn't deserve this"

"great analogy there Niall. But unfortunately, that's what happened"

I never got the time to cope, or let alone call his family. He had an older boy, maybe Audrey's age now. God and I can't even think how his wife is handling it. And here I am, forgetting about her older brother, not even sending flowers. Yeah, I should do that soon.

Taylor finishes All Too Well and no movement comes from Bridget. I have attempted to sing All of Me as well, but again nothing. Maybe it has nothing to do with me, or the kids. Maybe something to do with Taylor?

"holy shit I've got it!"

Okay so I was thinking, maybe if someone wanted to, make a trailer for this series? If you want? Or maybe someone that has been reading my other book Innocent for them to make a trailer for that? that would be really cool. And what song do you think Niall came up with? Let me know your thoughts and if someone wants to make a trailer for me! Thank you guys and love you all!