Chapter 49

Audrey's POV

"do you have a king?"

"go fish"

"fuck, Chris do you have any cards?" I joke and grab another card.

We've been playing go fish for a while now, waiting for my mom to get back home. Masons been in his room for a long time now and won't come out. I mean I didn't feel bad that I snapped at him, I wasn't about to let my brother be my best friend. He should have friends himself and even a girlfriend, keep him distracted.

"is that your guitar?" Chris looks over at the corner and I shook my head

"that's my moms"

"can I?" he gestures towards it and I give a quick nod, letting him get up and grab the guitar. "name your favorite song"

"Oh gosh that's a tough one, like of all time or something that I like right now?"

"either or" his fingers run over the guitar softly, "how about your favorite song from your mom"

"from my mom?" I put my head back, looking up at the ceiling, "okay, Forever and Always"

"Once upon a time, I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye" he starts to sing and I laugh while he looks at me.

I sing along with him when he comes to the chorus and then he lets me the 'backup, baby backup', just because my voice was a little higher.

"favorite Ed Sheeran song"

"oh that one's easy, Tenerife Sea"

He starts to play in the tune on guitar and I watch him as he sings to me. Well, not to me because he's my half-brother and he can't sing to me but he's singing while I stare into his green eyes. We build together on the "Lumiere, darling Lumiere over me"

I feel myself moving closer to him and he moves towards me as well. The sound of the guitar stops and our noses brush, I can't feel his breath on my lip and my breath hitches.

"Look what we've got!" the front door swings open and my mom comes in with a door behind her and uncle Ed with the other end of the door. I do get a look from my mom when I pull from Chris and stand to greet them.

I put on a front and run over to her, she drops the door and allows me to jump on her for a big hug. I am actually really excited, but part of me is scared shitless that I almost got caught kissing Chris. And I know I shouldn't be, kissing him; but it's hard when I had feelings for him before I knew he was my dad's son.

"Thank you mom! oh my god!" she lets go of me and I fall from her waist running over to the door. A plain white door with a blue A has never seemed so beautiful in my whole life.

"you're welcome! Ed and I are going to put this in and then I have a little bit more to show you!" she gives me a kiss on my forehead and they carry the door up the stairs.

We watch them giggle at each other and Ed starts to sing, whatever song and my mom joins in on the singing. They continue to laugh at each other and uncle Ed stands up and they high five each other. "We have a door!" Ed speaks up and I laugh

They come down the stairs and my mom sits in the chair next to me and uncle sits on the other side of me, Chris was still to my left. "wait where is your bother??"

"oh yeah, uhm he's kind of mad at me..."

"What? How come?"

"long story"

"okay, well I can check on him later, Ed...." She reaches her hand out to grab the bag from his hands and looks over at me, "are you ready?"

"yes, yes please mom"