Chapter 50

Audrey's POV

Chris has me presses up against the door and he continues to move in closer, "Audrey, I can't stop thinking about us"

"I can't either Chris but you also have to remember, we have the same dad's and this isn't right"

"I don't care what's right, right now. I just want to kiss you" he moved in closer, our foreheads were finally touching and I can feel his cold breath on my lips. Every part of me wants to grab his neck and pull him closer to me, but the other part knows that this isn't right.

Knowing my better judgement, I choose to ignore her and grab the back of his neck, bringing him closer then ever before. His hands find it's way to my waist and holds me close.

"Audrey! were home!" the front door slams shut and I push him away, walking out of the hallway and into the living room, "hey sorry I didn't warn you but we chose not to go out since we filled up on junk food."

Chris' cheeks were flushed as he walks behind me with his hands in his pockets, "are the kids down then?" she started to put her purse down, and take her earrings out

"Yeah, uhm we started transformers and Lily fell asleep and then Kyle wanted to sleep with her" I explained walking closer to the living room and sitting down

"Okay! were they good at least?"

"Phenomenal, Bridg."

"Okay, well I don't have any cash on me, I'll just give some to mom tomorrow to give to you" she looks at her husband, "do you have any cash?"

He shakes his head and walks over to her waist and slowly starts bringing her to their bedroom, "I don't, but Audrey it might be awkward if you stayed" he jokes, allowing himself to unzip her dress from the back

"Niall" she smacks his chest and turns around to push him in the room and close the door, "I'll see you guys at thanksgiving?"

I nod in response and put my shoes on. Bridget gives me a smile before going into her room for the night. But I'm 98% sure she won't be sleeping right away.

When we get home my mom is on her laptop smiling feverishly and Mason is sitting next to her trying to stay still, "what's going on?"

My mom looks up at me and smiles, "what if I told you were spending Christmas in the Virgin Islands?"

"What?!" excitement runs through my body

"I asked Mason what he wanted to do for Christmas and he said St. John, so we made it happen! Family trip, plus Ed!" she closes the laptop and walks over to us, still with excitement in her eyes, "Chris, you are coming, though you are my ex husbands family, you're still ours. So, with that being said you are welcome to come if" she pauses an looks at me

"If what mom"

She leans in close, "if you stop kissing my daughter" she whispers and pulls away with a grin, "I wasn't born yesterday Audrey"

Both of our cheeks flush and Chris nods his head, "yes Mrs. Styles"

"Swift. I'm back to Swift, but call me Taylor" she rubs his arm softly and turns around to go back to the couch.

I can feel the awkward air lingering between us, awkward and tense. I didn't know how to respond and I didn't think I could. Chris led me down to the living room and we all sat around my mom.

"So, I got us a house right on the beach here. It's actually a private bay, one of the most beautiful ones on the island. The owner of the house has a speed boat and jet ski he is allowing us to use." She smiles at us