Chapter 53

Audrey's POV

"Audrey, hey Audrey wake up" Mason pushed my shoulder until I turned to see him

"Mason, what do you want?"

"I can't sleep" I sighed and moved over for him to lie next to me and he turned to face me, "dad called me"

"yeah, he tried to call me too... did you answer?" he shook his head and I smiled at him, "good, I don't want you to talk to him and I know mom wouldn't want you to either."

"Does he still have that restraining order against us?"

"We have one against him, yes"

"oh." I can make out his head dropping and I move closer to him, "Audrey?"

"Yeah bud?"

"Do you think mom would ever, like, be mad if she found out something about someone that she didn't expect to happen?"

I blink a few times, trying to understand his comment, "I don't get it"

"like, do you think mom would be disappointed in something if she found out it wasn't what she was planning?"

Still not fully understanding him I take a deep breath, "what do you think mom would be disappointed in?"

"Just something"

"well, I don't think she would, like if it were you not going to college or quitting school I could assume that she would be mad about that, but if it's something that is your personal choice, I don't think mom would be mad at all." I can see his head move up and down "What is this about Mas?"

"So you don't think she would be mad?"

"I don't know what she could possibly be mad about, like I said, if it's something that is going to benefit you in the future, then I don't think she will be mad. Mom is very understanding"

"Okay, thanks"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, not really" he turns away from me and I pull him back

"Mason, I want you to know that no matter what this is. No matter what is keeping you up at night I want you to know that I'm here for you and that I love you. Very much Mas."

"I love you too Audrey"

I open my arms for him and he comes close to me, lying on my chest, "sleep tight Mason"

Taylors POV

Ed has his arms wrapped around me, making me sweat like a pig. It doesn't help that the morning heat in unbearable. "Ed, I have to get up"

"No, stay here"

"I have to make the kids breakfast"

"Make them fend for themselves" he jokes and pulls me closer, kissing my neck, "by the way, Audrey knows"

"Crap, they do?"

He chuckles behind me, "she's known for a while apparently"

"Whatever, she's a smart girl, I had a feeling she would" I push his hands off me, "but I really have to get up"

"I don't know how you're suck a morning person"

"I get excited for my coffee" I joke and get off the bed, "do I wake them or let them get up themselves"

"Wake the shit out of them"

I chuckle and throw his shirt at him, "I will never get used to your foul language"